Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

wipes rec needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• wipes rec needed

Among all the sh*t that dd has going on right now (literally and figuratively, I'm finding that her bum is sensitive...

She's a good pooper, and whenever she poops, it's a good 5-7 wipe job. The Kirkland wipes are too hard on her butt. What do you recommend?

TIA.
    married to an anesthesia attending

The softest I've ever used was Pampers sensitive or what ever they are called. I like Huggies Natural Care. They are soft but not too soft. I didn't care for the super soft ones (like the Pampers) because the poo was harder to wipe up!
    Wife to PGY5. Mommy to baby girl born 11/2009. Cat mommy since 2002
    "“If you don't know where you are going any road can take you there”"

Comment

Love the Huggies ones that have Aloe.
      Veronica
      Mother of two ballerinas and one wild boy

Comment

I use the Target brand wipes; they're nice and soft and do the job well.
        ~Jane

-Wife of urology attending.
        -SAHM to three great kiddos (2 boys, 1 girl!)

Comment

I find that commercial wipes were too harsh for Sophie's bum. Since I do CD, I broke down and do cloth wipes as well.
          Kris

Comment

Good to see you, Jane.

I hate this trial and error business with wipes. You always have 60-80 in a pack and it's so hard to justify chucking out the remaining ones of a brand you end up not liking.

Comment

Originally posted by alison View Post
              Good to see you, Jane.

I hate this trial and error business with wipes. You always have 60-80 in a pack and it's so hard to justify chucking out the remaining ones of a brand you end up not liking.
              Stick them in a baggie in your glove box - honestly as M gets older you will find yourself cleaning up all sorts of disgusting messes and wipes are a godsend.
              Kris

Comment

Seriously, I miss having wipes handy because they are darned handy to have around. Glove box, carry-on bags when you travel, etc. They're awesome for getting up spills in the car.

Jenn

Comment

I really like the Huggies sensitive skin wipe. All the pampers ones goss me out, they are just kind of slimy (IMO). But when I am dealing with a diaper rash I do only wash cloths with warm water, or if I only have a wipe available I will rinse it out with warm water and then use that. Then follow with a generous slathering of triple paste (they say not to use it with cloth diapers but I have never had a problem). So sorry about her bottom.
                  Tara
                  Married 20 years to MD/PhD in year 3 of MFM fellowship. SAHM to five wonderful children (#6 due in August), a sweet GSD named Bella, a black lab named Toby, and 1 guinea pig.

Comment

When they are newborns I like Pampers Sensitive (any Pampers one, they are all thin). BJ's Berkeley and Jensen, Luvs, and Target are all thin like that. I hate the Luvs in bulk packaging because they don't have a reseal tab on them.

I use Huggies now exclusively because they are both bigger and hence bigger, badder poops. They have a sensitive one with aloe, a lavendar one, and unscented one. None have caused any issues on my girls.

Comment

Good call on holding onto the wipe "rejects."

I don't like slimy ones either, but the Kirkland ones are really abrasive looking. I wouldn't want to use them on my own bum either. TMI?

Comment

I still buy wipes and my youngest is 7. As in years. Wipes are great stain removers, though. Cleans up lipstick and just about any make-up off your clothes. Also works well to clean up spilled chocolate milk in the car.

Good grief. My family sounds like a gaggle of Pigpens.

Comment

Originally posted by alison View Post
                          Good call on holding onto the wipe "rejects."

I don't like slimy ones either, but the Kirkland ones are really abrasive looking. I wouldn't want to use them on my own bum either. TMI?
                          How funny! I was going to recommend Kirkland brand wipes . . . until I saw this. I've used Kirkland wipes for almost 6 years now and I've loved them. I won't use anything else. I like that they don't come in a box, which makes them super easy take places. I've never had skin issues with them; however, my kids don't seem to have overly sensitive skin either.

ETA: Sorry, I missed the part about your experience with Kirkland wipes in your first post. Oops.
                          Wife of Ophthalmologist and Mom to my daughter and two boys.

Comment

We also use the Huggies Gentle Care, I like them because they're soft but thick enough they won't tear easily.
                            Wife to NSG out of training, mom to 2, 10 & 8, and a beagle with wings.

Comment

They've changed the Kirkland wipes, did you know that? I used the old kind for the first month, and now they have a different manufacturer.

Comment

Working...
                              X