Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Swim diapers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Swim diapers

We're heading to Florida next week (hall pass please!), and I'm a bit curious about people's experiences with swim diapers. Disposable? Reusable? Do they work?

I have a package of huggies disposable swim diapers and I just bought a bummis cloth diaper cover with no liner. My plan is to use a disposable with the bummis cover over for added protection.

I did purchase an iplay reusable swim diaper but the fit was strange on my DD (the crotch was too narrow or something?), and it didn't seem too secure for leak protection. So I returned it.

Anyway, thanks for any advice/experiences!
    Wife to a urologist; Mom to 2 wonderful kiddos

After years of using the disposable "swimmies" with never an accident I got wise and now just use a wrap which has lost it's utility as a wrap. It seems silly to keep spending money on those disposables, when all they are are basically a wrap to hold the poop in.
    Enabler of DW and 5 kids
    Let's go Mets!

Comment

I've used both with no issues but be prepared to explain the cloth if someone asks.
      Wife to NSG out of training, mom to 2, 10 & 8, and a beagle with wings.

Comment

I just know that the disposables do just what fluff said: to hold in solid poo. If the baby is breastfed only and still squirting her BMs then don't go in the water w/her,as anything liquid might leak! I am assuming the cloth ones are made of some sort of material that doesn't absorb a bunch of water.

Comment

Originally posted by Shazam View Post
          I just know that the disposables do just what fluff said: to hold in solid poo. If the baby is breastfed only and still squirting her BMs then don't go in the water w/her,as anything liquid might leak! I am assuming the cloth ones are made of some sort of material that doesn't absorb a bunch of water.
          That's what I was afraid of. DD is not big on solids. I was hoping with the double layering of disposable with cloth wrap on top, it would be more protection. She really only goes once a day, so I think it'll be okay. But the thought of an accident makes me nervous!

The cloth one is a waterproof diaper cover - no lining or absorbant material.

Comment

Get rubber pants to go over the swim diaper and you'll be fine. Also, the Gymboree suits with built in swim diaper hold in pee, so they should work, too.
            -Deb
            Wife to EP, just trying to keep up with my FOUR busy kids!

Comment

No help on the diaper front, but where are you headed to in Florida?
              Heidi, PA-S1 - wife to an orthopaedic surgeon, mom to Ryan, 17, and Alexia, 11.

Comment

Originally posted by Vanquisher View Post
                No help on the diaper front, but where are you headed to in Florida?
                Marco Island! We're hoping the weather is nice!

Comment

Working...
                X