Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

stressed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• stressed

God help me. We are having 'one of those days.' Nothing seems to make her happy. Wining and crying nearly all day. Just as soon as I know FOR SURE it's that she wants a bottle... warm it and everything... I find her sleeping. I put back in fridge and an hour later she's back at it. And she is spitting up like no other today. SIGH! She is wearing me out! I just wish she could tell me what she wants. On top of all this DH wants us to show up tonight at a department dinner. It's close to bedtime and I don't think I can be all smiles tonight. AND it's going to mess up her night time schedule. Why do they have start so late!?!? Grrrrrrrr
    Wife to PGY5. Mommy to baby girl born 11/2009. Cat mommy since 2002
    "“If you don't know where you are going any road can take you there”"

and more <<hugs>>
    Wife to PGY4 & Mother of 3.

Comment

Aw, that stinks I hate days like that...
      Sending you some too!!

Comment

I'm sorry you are having a rough day! Just remember you are doing one of the hardest AND most important jobs in the whole world!
        Loving wife of neurosurgeon

Comment

Tough days stink! I am sorry. I hope tomorrow is a good one.
          -L.Jane

Wife to a wonderful General Surgeon
          Mom to a sweet but stubborn boy born April 2014
          Rock Chalk Jayhawk GO KU!!!

Comment

Tara
            Married 20 years to MD/PhD in year 3 of MFM fellowship. SAHM to five wonderful children (#6 due in August), a sweet GSD named Bella, a black lab named Toby, and 1 guinea pig.

Comment

I'm so sorry. I hope tomorrow is better.
              Laurie
              My team: DH (anesthesiologist), DS (9), DD (8)

Comment

Lots and lots of
                Jen
                Wife of a PGY-4 orthopod, momma to 2 DDs, caretaker of a retired race-dog, Hawkeye!

Comment

No advice but LOTS of sympathy. I am so sorry!! BTDT, hang in there!!

Comment

I am sorry, I hope tommorrow goes better for you as well. Being a mom brings so much joy, but some days some days can be really hard. I hate when we have to mess up our daughter's bed routine as well.

Comment

Remarkably the baby did really good at dinner! She didn’t cry at all. Dd seemed confused as to why she was in an Italian restaurant and not having her bath and bed time, but otherwise all went well. The interviewees where very friendly. One gal (interviewee) brought her fiancé. We had a really good talk. I can’t believe I’m about to say this BUT it was so nice talking to someone that wasn’t two months old!! LOL!

Now I’m sitting at the computer wondering if I should just let her fall off to sleep or give her a bath. Bath time was to start over 1.5 hrs ago! Gosh I’m a bad mommy!!

Comment

In these situations, skip the bath and do the rest of the routine!
                        Kris

Comment

It's so tough when you're being pulled in all sorts of directions like this, and you have to put on the mommy hat, the wife hat, the I've-got-my-sh*t-together hat, etc.

Remind me again of how old A is, please. I think this was a rough time for dd. And for a parent, it's just so tough when you can't make heads or tails of what they want.
                          married to an anesthesia attending

Comment

Originally posted by alison View Post
                            It's so tough when you're being pulled in all sorts of directions like this, and you have to put on the mommy hat, the wife hat, the I've-got-my-sh*t-together hat, etc.

Remind me again of how old A is, please. I think this was a rough time for dd. And for a parent, it's just so tough when you can't make heads or tails of what they want.
                            She'll be 3 months old next week. We had a couple really good days and then today hit. It remided me of the really hard days before I had her on the night time schedule.

Comment

Originally posted by HouseofWool View Post
                              In these situations, skip the bath and do the rest of the routine!
                              That's what I did. She talked to herself for a while in the dark and then went off to sleep!. Thank goodness.

I was at CVS tonight on the way home getting baby water... at 9. Oh I felt like such a crap person for having her out like that. But an ice storm is coming tomorrow and I was really low on baby water! I need to learn to get over some of these guilty feelings. Otherwise I'll never make it!!

Comment

Working...
                              X