Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Worst mom ever

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Worst mom ever

So I was just sitting here catching up on emails, iMSN, facebook, etc. while Zoe happily bounced in her jumperoo (side note - LOVE the jumperoo). She was only about 6 feet away from me but I wasn't really looking at her cause I was of course concentrating on the all important computer screen. And she seemed content. Every now and then I'd give her a a "good girl!," "wow, you really like that!," "keep jumping!" etc...

Finally realized there hadn't been any movement in awhile and looked over at her. Turns out at some point she fell sound asleep with her head planted face first on the tray surrounding the seat.

I have no idea how long she was sleeping like that. She looked so pathetic - like jeez, I'm so exhausted, can't hold head up anymore, but mom says I have to keep jumping, so....

Worst mom ever. Mostly because I'm still sitting here laughing about it.
    Attorney, wife to EM attending, mom to two girls (ages 5 and 2)

Poor little bug
    Jen
    Wife of a PGY-4 orthopod, momma to 2 DDs, caretaker of a retired race-dog, Hawkeye!

Comment

Hehe too cute!
      Laurie
      My team: DH (anesthesiologist), DS (9), DD (8)

Comment

I hope you at least got a picture
        Jen
        Wife of a PGY-4 orthopod, momma to 2 DDs, caretaker of a retired race-dog, Hawkeye!

Comment

awww, sounds like she got quite the work out!

Comment

Oh! I know the feeling. When I'm reading e-mails, I travel to another planet. I hear BabyK's cries and I tell the dog to be quiet because I cannot distinguish cries from barks. I'm sure BabyK will tell his therapist all about it.
            Wife and #1 Fan of Attending Adult & Geriatric Psychiatrist.

Comment

lol, my daughter fell asleep in the jumperoo once too. We laughed and took pictures b/c it was too cute. What is it about the jumperoos and falling asleep?? Maybe using all the energy to jump makes them tired.

Comment

That's not a bad mom. If she were screaming while in the jumperoo and you ignored her to the point where she reached exhaustion and passed out, THAT would be a bad mom.

Comment

Originally posted by Shakti View Post
                  That's not a bad mom. If she were screaming while in the jumperoo and you ignored her to the point where she reached exhaustion and passed out, THAT would be a bad mom.
                  I agree. She just got tuckered out from all that jumping and decided to take a snooze! I wish my DD would just fall asleep spontaneously, lol!
                  Wife to a urologist; Mom to 2 wonderful kiddos

Comment

Originally posted by GreyhoundsRUs View Post
                    I hope you at least got a picture
                    If there is anything I have learned from iMSN, it is that you should always document these things.
                    Julia - legislative process lover and general government nerd, married to a PICU & Medical Ethics attending, raising a toddler son and expecting a baby daughter Oct '16.

Comment

I am laughing SO hard at this story!!

ALL moms have been there!!!! You aren't a bad mom--you're totally normal.

Comment

Wait a second...you're saying that this strategy of nap-induction is not appropriate?

Uh, oh. I had been thrilled that I found something so effective...

Comment

Thanks for posting that! I LOLed to the point of tears!
                          Wife to PGY5. Mommy to baby girl born 11/2009. Cat mommy since 2002
                          "“If you don't know where you are going any road can take you there”"

Comment

That is just great!! And you are SO not a bad mom... hope you got a picture! That is so cute

Comment

I agree!!! I actually missed dd's first successful rollover, because I was messing around online.
                              married to an anesthesia attending

Comment

Working...
                              X