Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Sore hands?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sore hands?

I am usually able to put it out of my mind, but my hands ache. Ever since dd was born, I feel like the muscles are sore -- in my fingers, too. It becomes especially apparent when I try to screw and unscrew bottles (which I must do thousands of times a week).

Is there something postpartum (hormones) that makes your hands sore? It's not excruciating, so I've never brought it up with my OB. Anyone ever have this? Dd is 5 months old, and I've been dealing with this for that long.

Just thought I'd ask. Feel free to tell me that I'm nuts.
    married to an anesthesia attending

My hands are frequently fatigued, but I know that is has a lot to do with knitting and sewing. One week, I broke about 3 glass bowls. It was so embarassing.

I would ask your OB and if it isn't hormone related, then maybe someone in knesiology (sp?).
    Kris

Comment

Is it the joints? I've definitely heard people complain about the joints of their wrists and hands hurting, sometimes starting during pregnancy but sometimes not until the previously-unfamiliar motions of holding a baby all the time puts added stress on whatever it is pregnancy hormones do to your ligaments, etc.
      Married to a hematopathologist seven years out of training.
      Raising three girls, 11, 9, and 2.

“That was the thing about the world: it wasn't that things were harder than you thought they were going to be, it was that they were hard in ways that you didn't expect.”
      Lev Grossman, The Magician King

Comment

I had a lot of joint issues after having Eóin. It starting in my hands and moved to my knees and ankles. I have had tons of tests done but they are all normal. I read that the hormones can cause your body to be out of whack. Eóin is almost 20 months old and the joint pain comes and goes. Sometimes it is constant and nagging and some days it just hurts. I was taking ibuprofen but it was upsetting my stomach, so now I take celebrex as needed. I should take them regularly but I don't like to take meds. Hope your pains resolve. It has been no fun to have "issues" without a proven cause. It makes you feel crazy.

Comment

Originally posted by madeintaiwan View Post
          Sometimes it is constant and nagging and some days it just hurts.
          This is exactly what it's like. There are good days and bad.
          Some days I feel so weak in my hands that I could drop the baby. It does seem like an issue with my joints. I did have terrible round ligament pain with dd, and it seems like my body is indeed still out of whack. It'll never be the same, huh?

Now that I think of it, I should just ask bil's girlfriend. She's an OB. They've gone on a short trip, but will be back on Wednesday.

Thanks!
          married to an anesthesia attending

Comment

Working...
          X