Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Tomorrow is the day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bring a camera to document the 'event'.

Jenn

Comment

Originally posted by DCJenn View Post
      Bring a camera to document the 'event'.

Jenn
      Great idea!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Yeah!!! For good news!!
        Brandi
        Wife to PGY3 Rads also proud mother of three spoiled dogs!! Some days it is hectic, but I wouldn't trade this for anything.

Comment

DH was actually out of town for neurosurgery #2 on my first child (when he was two years old - first surgery was at seven months of age). I think at that point I was kind of numb.

But, yeah, I was the one who took my child to his peds neurosurgeon appts. (including when I was recovering from pneumonia and nursing infant twins). I was the one who sat through the MRI's. I was the one in the recovery room as soon as he got out of surgery every time. DH was either at work, out of town (on a rotation), or doing something for medical school.

Honestly, it led to a LOT of resentment on my part. It almost destroyed my marriage. No joke.

My son is fine now. And, I learned after many, many years to forgive dh. I don't think there is much you can do about the resentment except learn to forgive and move on. And, if you're like me that takes time to work through.

I'm glad your child will be doing better!
          Who uses a machete to cut through red tape
          With fingernails that shine like justice
          And a voice that is dark like tinted glass

Comment

I'll be thinking about you and your son tomorrow. You sound like an awesome mom. As far as the resentment, it is sooooooooo normal. Feel it, own it, then let it go. Easier said than done, but don't give the medical lifestyle BS the power to keep you from living and enjoying TODAY with your children, even if your husband can't. Try to remember that 98% of they have no choice, and the other 2% they are terrified to make a choice for fear of retaliation. We are all here for you. There is a reason so many of us have been here on this website for 10 years!!!!
            Luanne
            wife, mother, nurse practitioner

"You have not converted a man because you have silenced him." (John, Viscount Morely, On Compromise, 1874)

Comment

Originally posted by Rapunzel View Post
              DH was actually out of town for neurosurgery #2 on my first child (when he was two years old - first surgery was at seven months of age). I think at that point I was kind of numb.

But, yeah, I was the one who took my child to his peds neurosurgeon appts. (including when I was recovering from pneumonia and nursing infant twins). I was the one who sat through the MRI's. I was the one in the recovery room as soon as he got out of surgery every time. DH was either at work, out of town (on a rotation), or doing something for medical school.

Honestly, it led to a LOT of resentment on my part. It almost destroyed my marriage. No joke.

My son is fine now. And, I learned after many, many years to forgive dh. I don't think there is much you can do about the resentment except learn to forgive and move on. And, if you're like me that takes time to work through.

I'm glad your child will be doing better!
              So glad your son is doing great now! I'm with ya on the numb feeling, but for some reason when "good" things happen I feel joy but when it comes to bad news, I guess it just hurts so bad that I can't feel anything.

Comment

Because of blizzard conditions and the fact that we only have one AWD vehicle, dh decided to just skip lecture and stay home to study. Looks like he'll make it to the appointments afterall! Just hoping we can make it to the office! LOL

Comment

Have a great family day
                  Jen
                  Wife of a PGY-4 orthopod, momma to 2 DDs, caretaker of a retired race-dog, Hawkeye!

Comment

Glad your DH can make it!!

Comment

Yay! That's great to hear! Be careful out there, and I hope the appointment goes well.
                      Laurie
                      My team: DH (anesthesiologist), DS (9), DD (8)

Comment

Drive safely!! We'll be back here awaiting your news!

Good luck today!
                        Wife to PGY4 & Mother of 3.

Comment

Working...
                        X