Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

3 Day Potty Training

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3 Day Potty Training

Has anyone ever tried this: http://www.3daypottytraining.com/

A friend of mine from college did it with her daughter at about the age A is now and it worked and she's never regressed. I'd LOVE to only have 1 in diapers so I'm seriously thinking about it. I bought it (only $24) but haven't had a chance to read it yet, I'm hoping to once the kids go to bed tonight. It would mean putting Robert in childcare for one weekday and getting the commitment from DH that he would take care of R the other two days (weekend).

This is being brought on by the fact that A has started taking her diapers off and I'm not sure how to stop that.
    Wife to NSG out of training, mom to 2, 10 & 8, and a beagle with wings.

Re: 3 Day Potty Training

Didn't work for us because it was too stressful for ds. Might work for A since she is a girl. I'd suggest cutting the footies out of a one piece and putting it on backwards until you feel comfortable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    ~Mom of 5, married to an ID doc
    ~A Rolling Stone Gathers No Moss

Comment

Here is my standard potty training comment, "they will use the potty when they are good and ready". No amount of bribery, begging, potty time books, etc will make a difference. If they are ready to use the potty then the three day thing will work, if not you will just be irritated every time your friend says, "well it worked for us..." I completely understand the desire to get one out of diapers because when our #1 and #2 were that age it seemed like all I did all day was change diapers. All I can say is try it, but don't be disappointed if it doesn't work. I think books like that just prey on the desperation of mothers and feed our own insecurity IMHO. Of course we have potty training trauma over here so take it for what its worth.
      Tara
      Married 20 years to MD/PhD in year 3 of MFM fellowship. SAHM to five wonderful children (#6 due in August), a sweet GSD named Bella, a black lab named Toby, and 1 guinea pig.

Comment

okay so I saw here (and on FB) that A is taking off her diapers? Any particular reason? How have you been handling it? I really do not know what I would do - I mean how do you make a child KEEP their diaper on?
        Loving wife of neurosurgeon

Comment

Originally posted by MarissaNicole View Post
          okay so I saw here (and on FB) that A is taking off her diapers? Any particular reason? How have you been handling it? I really do not know what I would do - I mean how do you make a child KEEP their diaper on?
          When my cousin's kid started taking her diapers off, they used duct tape.
          Sandy
          Wife of EM Attending, Web Programmer, mom to one older lady scaredy-cat and one sweet-but-dumb younger boy kitty

Comment

The duct tape was recommended, I'm not ready to go that route. Last night I put her diaper on, her footed pajamas next and then a onesie OVER her pajamas - it looked funny but she didn't try to take it off, I think the zipper on her pajamas is intriguing to her. We'll see if that continues working but I'm still seriously considering potty training her.

My biggest concern with this 3 day method is that she would get 3 days of my undivided attention. I'm afraid she would regress after that 3 days not because of the potty training but because my attention would go back to being split between her and Robert and she would regress more because of that.

We'll see...
            Wife to NSG out of training, mom to 2, 10 & 8, and a beagle with wings.

Comment

We didn't do any formal program, but potty training for most of them took about 3 days or so. That's because I waited until they were 3 to try- and I knew they were ready. After this period of initial messes, we did have some accidents of course, and I kept them in diapers until they were dry for a certain number of months.

For us, I call it *potty school* and we watch the *It's Potty Time* video as a family about 5 times in a row (the kids still will sing the songs from that super-annoying DVD). Then they basically run around in big kid undies and have accidents all over. They know where the potty seats are, though. I dress them in clothes that will get wet and will stick to them, thus being more uncomfortable (thinik leggings). After a few accidents, the kids got it.

I hate potty training with a passion though. I feel like I waited a lot longer than I needed to-- potty training was usually forced only by the admission dates to preK.
              Peggy

Aloha from paradise! And the other side of training!

Comment

Originally posted by peggyfromwastate View Post

For us, I call it *potty school* and we watch the *It's Potty Time* video as a family about 5 times in a row (the kids still will sing the songs from that super-annoying DVD). Then they basically run around in big kid undies and have accidents all over. They know where the potty seats are, though. I dress them in clothes that will get wet and will stick to them, thus being more uncomfortable (thinik leggings). After a few accidents, the kids got it.

I hate potty training with a passion though. I feel like I waited a lot longer than I needed to-- potty training was usually forced only by the admission dates to preK.
                Is that the video with the song, "she is a super duper pooper"? Heehee, I can still sing all those songs, can't remember physics but by golly I can sing the potty time songs, lol!!!
                Tara
                Married 20 years to MD/PhD in year 3 of MFM fellowship. SAHM to five wonderful children (#6 due in August), a sweet GSD named Bella, a black lab named Toby, and 1 guinea pig.

Comment

That's the one... *She is a super duper pooper... She knows when she has to gooooooo, Take a bow you're a big kid now you're the BEST pooper we know!*
                  Peggy

Comment

I have purchased this video TWICE through the years and both times the VCR has eaten it. I think it is a sign.

Kelly
                    In my dreams I run with the Kenyans.

Comment

We have the DVD... The thing doesn't die. BUt I only bring it out for potty school. And I can still remember the lyrics and the scary clown.
                      Peggy

Comment

Oh, I didn't know they have a DVD, I should probably get it for #5. Although, much like you Peggy I can pretty much sing the entire video plus I still have the book somewhere. Oh and that clown, too much!!
                        Tara

Comment

Hey, I wonder if they have it on Netflix?

Hmmm...

Kelly
                          In my dreams I run with the Kenyans.

Comment

You can find some of the songs on u tube!!!!! Whoo hooo!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wHU0LXYJdO8
                            Tara

Comment

Working...
                            X