Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

First Day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First Day

Today is the first day of daycare.
    Wife and #1 Fan of Attending Adult & Geriatric Psychiatrist.

(((hugs)))
    Wife to PGY4 & Mother of 3.

Comment

Jen
      Wife of a PGY-4 orthopod, momma to 2 DDs, caretaker of a retired race-dog, Hawkeye!

Comment

hugs hugs hugs!!!!!!! i totally know what you're going through. feel free to vent. I'm all ears.
        Attorney, mom, married to a vascular surgery fellow!

Comment

Let's just say that it hasn't been easy. He's been very attached to mommy lately, and, likewise, I've been very attached to him. On Friday, I walked away from our seat at temple just to grab a prayer book and he began wailing. Yesterday, I left him with DrK to go to the store. DrK says that the baby cried his eyes out the whole time I was gone. When I got back, he had big tears on his cheeks and his face was all puffy. I keep imagining him in unconsolable at the day care.

Comment

Hugs again. It would be totally fine for you to call them and check in. On my daughter's first day, I didn't call and they were pretty amazed. I wish I had. I was trying to be "strong" and let them do their job, but honestly now that I know them better I know they'd totally be fine if I called. They know I trust them... the calls are more for me than for my daughter. That first day, instead of calling, all I did was think about her. It would have been nice to call and hear she was doing fine. Your son may be mesmerized with all the toys and new people so maybe he won't cry the whole time (I hope not). It may help to hear that.
            Attorney, mom, married to a vascular surgery fellow!

Comment

BabyK and I visited his "classroom" last week. When Ms. Joy asked me about dropping him off today, I started to cry. She cried too! She has a small child of her own and she was very empathic. It made me feel much better about leaving him with her. She told me that I could call a million times if I wanted to but I don't think it will help if I can't see him. Most likely, he's doing fine -- I'm sure they would have called me if he wasn't. Last week, we had him here with a sitter and when I reunited with him at the end of the day he was babbling non-stop. Guess he had to tell me all about his day. Things are very quiet at work and I have an out-of-office appointment this afternoon. I'm thinking of picking him up afterwards and making today a half day for both of us.

Comment

I am hoping today goes fast for both of you!!
                Brandi
                Wife to PGY3 Rads also proud mother of three spoiled dogs!! Some days it is hectic, but I wouldn't trade this for anything.

Comment

BIG HUGS MrsK!!!!!! I know this is such are hard day. I'm sure he did great. And it sounds like Ms Joy is giong to be a good support for you.
                  Wife to PGY5. Mommy to baby girl born 11/2009. Cat mommy since 2002
                  "“If you don't know where you are going any road can take you there”"

Comment

It's hard, I remember. FWIW, it does get a little easier.
                    Wife of Ophthalmologist and Mom to my daughter and two boys.

Comment

I know I am still pregnant, but this post made me cry too. I will be facing this too soon as well. It sounds like you found a good daycare for him with supportive teacher/care person. If I were you, I'd just call anyway. You never know, it might make you feel better. Also - some parents leave a scarf/shirt/item that smells like the parent with the child (sometimes this is for the child, and sometimes for the parent). Keep posting. We're here for you.

(((hugs)))

-C
                      Wife to PGY4 & Mother of 3.

Comment

I vote for the half day. I have a knot in my stomach just thinking about how you must feel.
                        Attorney, wife to EM attending, mom to two girls (ages 5 and 2)

Comment

It is a good day care. It's at the hospital where DrK is working this month -- he works at a different campus most of the time but he happens to be rotating through the children's hospital this month. It's been in operation for 30 years and services only medical families. We've heard nothing but wonderful things about the day care, it's curriculum for even the smallest babies, and the summer camp that they run up until the kids are 12. I know it is the best option for him and I feel a lot better about having him spend his day with other children, new toys, etc. than having him sit here while the sitter watches soap operas and crochets. (She didn't even wash out baby bottles while he was napping.)

I just spoke with Ms. Joy. She says that he is doing well. That he drank 6 oz of breast milk in 10 minutes. That's a huge portion for him -- he usually eats about 3.5 oz in a feeding. Hope I can keep up my milk production. She said he took two cat naps this morning -- consistent with his usual routine. He'll take a long nap around noon-2 or 3. And she said he was watching his reflection in a mirror when I called. I'm thinking of going to get him around 3.

Comment

I'm so glad he has such a sweet teacher. It sounds like she's going to be wonderful! He sounds like he's doing really well, but I agree with making it a half day. It'll be nice to see him earlier, and he'll be so happy to see you!
                            Laurie
                            My team: DH (anesthesiologist), DS (9), DD (8)

Comment

Hope your day goes quickly. This is so much harder on your than on baby - you'll be fine!
                              -Deb
                              Wife to EP, just trying to keep up with my FOUR busy kids!

Comment

Working...
                              X