Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Another sleep question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think you have run into one of the many reasons some of us have used co-sleeping. We had the same problem with our firstborn and once we switched to co-sleeping, I finally got sleep. We never swaddled, but I never looked back either. For us, co-sleeping solved the sleep issues. It isn't for everyone though.
    ~Mom of 5, married to an ID doc
    ~A Rolling Stone Gathers No Moss

Comment

Originally posted by PrincessFiona View Post
      I think you have run into one of the many reasons some of us have used co-sleeping. We had the same problem with our firstborn and once we switched to co-sleeping, I finally got sleep. We never swaddled, but I never looked back either. For us, co-sleeping solved the sleep issues. It isn't for everyone though.
      So very true! Co-sleeping never worked for us when our babies were infants but as soon as they could walk into our room they could sleep in our bed. We got so much more sleep that way and they were happier (and the older ones do sleep in there own bed now, lots of folks will have you believing that that transition is hard. It just happens naturally).
      Tara
      Married 20 years to MD/PhD in year 3 of MFM fellowship. SAHM to five wonderful children (#6 due in August), a sweet GSD named Bella, a black lab named Toby, and 1 guinea pig.

Comment

You know I had never even considered moving us to the downstairs - maybe that is the solution. We'll see how separating them at my mom and dad's goes.

Co-sleeping would never work for us. While I don't move when I sleep DH is ALL over the place. We'd have to have a king size bed to make sure the baby didn't get squished
        Wife to NSG out of training, mom to 2, 10 & 8, and a beagle with wings.

Comment

FWIW, I co-slept with my babies too (until they turned around 4 months) and had the same worries about my DH ... so baby and I always slept together in a separate bedroom. We ALL sleep much better this way! Maybe you and R could try sleeping together downstairs and see how it goes?
          ~Jane

-Wife of urology attending.
          -SAHM to three great kiddos (2 boys, 1 girl!)

Comment

The problem with putting either of the kids downstairs is the temperature. In the winter it is a lot colder unless you run the fireplace which is really expensive. In the summer it is a lot colder because of the air conditioning - its a no win.

Comment

What about something like this: http://www.amazon.com/First-Years-Se...9542397&sr=8-1
              ~Mom of 5, married to an ID doc
              ~A Rolling Stone Gathers No Moss

Comment

Or, could you push the bed against the wall and have R on the other side of you (away from your thrashing DH)?

I cosleep with my non-sleeper in her room on a mattress on the floor, partly because DH feared rolling on her, but also because her room is much more soundproofed and just better suited for her sleeping. Also, our room is a loft with no door, so I wouldn't be able to leave her alone there.
                Wife to a urologist; Mom to 2 wonderful kiddos

Comment

I think we'll see how separate sleeping goes at my parents next week and go from there...

Comment

Well we made some adjustments last night and he only woke up twice. We folded a blanket up and put it under his crib sheet to make his bed softer, its not a really plush blanket so I don't worry about him suffocating in it but it does give him a little bit more cushion. We put his bumpers back on, we had taken them off when he rolled over swaddled a few weeks ago which he hasn't done again, and we changed the sound on A's sound machine from a waterfall to a heartbeat. Both times after feeding him he'd cry when I put him down but I let him cry up to 15 minutes and he eventually went back to sleep and slept at least 3 1/2 more hours. It didn't seem to phase A at all.

So I'm still going to separate them at my mom and dad's next week and see what that does. Then we'll decide if we need to make a change to the sleeping arrangements.

Comment

Working...
                    X