Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Children's Place clothes and rashes?!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Children's Place clothes and rashes?!

Have any of you experienced this? Am I crazy? It's a difficult one to prove, because dd wears clothes from all sorts of different stores. It just seems that when she wears Children's Place onesies, that the collar area breaks out into a rash when I change her out of their stuff. Is there something irritating her there? I can't find any buttons or snaps that would irritate the skin, but when she breaks out in a rash (every 4 days or so -- scales, dry, bumpy, red) it seems to coincide with when she's wearing a CP top...

I'm going to leave the CP stuff out of the rotation for a few days and see if she gets any skin irritations, but thought I'd also consult with you guys.
    married to an anesthesia attending

PS. I just bought $80 worth of clothing at Boden (ie. I'm trying to justify this purchase a la, "but honey, the other clothing gives her rashes....")

Comment

Sounds like a good justification for me - but no, I've never had any issues with CP clothes.

On another note I too went shopping crazy this weekend. $200 between the two kids at JCPenney and Crazy 8, they are now all decked out for summer!
      Wife to NSG out of training, mom to 2, 10 & 8, and a beagle with wings.

Comment

I would take them back. There was an issue with Carters last year (??) with the tagless tags causing allergic rxns. Could be something like that?
        Peggy

Aloha from paradise! And the other side of training!

Comment

Thanks!
          I think she gets a rash from a couple of her new onesies. I seem to recall the Carters rash story from ~one year ago.

Comment

DD has a bunch of stuff from Carters and so far I haven't noticed anything. Although I have to say that Gap clothes are my favorite.

Comment

The Carters stuff was from last season, I think. They recalled all those and stopped selling them-- basically they got a different company to make the tagless tags. And Josie had some of the *recalled* clothes but never reacted so I never bothered with any returns or anything. I think only a small percentage of kids were affected.
              Peggy

Aloha from paradise! And the other side of training!

Comment

Could it be a detergent thing? I used to get hives on any place that would touch/rub my body for extended periods of time (elastic wrists of sweatshirts, under my bra, etc). I switched to scent-free and it's gone!
                Jen
                Wife of a PGY-4 orthopod, momma to 2 DDs, caretaker of a retired race-dog, Hawkeye!

Comment

Originally posted by alison View Post
                  PS. I just bought $80 worth of clothing at Boden (ie. I'm trying to justify this purchase a la, "but honey, the other clothing gives her rashes....")
                  Remember that Boden is on ebates ...

Comment

Yeah, but I only got $2 back on an $80 purchase. Better than nothing, and it does add up with all the shopping I do online.

The Boden stuff is cute! I just got the stuff for dd and put them on her to try for sizing.

We think it might be a food allergy. It might be spinach. After leaving spinach out of her diet for the last few days, her skin has cleared up. The thing is that it looked so much like a contact allergy.

Comment

Spinach has a naturally high level of histamine, so she may be having a reaction to it (not necessarily an allergy). DD is really reactive to many foods high in histamine (all tomato based foods, strawberries, and spinach), so we just avoid them. It does look like a contact allergy, but also really makes her eczema flair up. I don't know what it's like by you guys, but we've had a super-high pollen season, so I've had to really avoid any other triggers for DD (we also started meds for her at the age of four, for the first time). She used to tolerate things like pizza, but not this spring.
                      -Deb
                      Wife to EP, just trying to keep up with my FOUR busy kids!

Comment

Working...
                      X