Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

I love Texas but...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I love Texas but...

but this *might* be taking it a bit far. <humor me here!> So, I'm browsing Texas Longhorn baby apparel at jcp.com tonight I nearly fell off the couch when I saw this little gem on sale tonight!! Dare I say it? Fellow Texans, have we taken a bit too far??? I didn't know we started "teaching" the kids this young. hahahaha!!

---Just in case you can't read the little description of this baby DVD... it reads: "Celebrate your love for UT with your child in this engaging, fun-filled, interactive, introduction to The University of Texas Longhorns!"
    Wife to PGY5. Mommy to baby girl born 11/2009. Cat mommy since 2002
    "“If you don't know where you are going any road can take you there”"

Originally posted by moonlight View Post
    I didn't know we started "teaching" the kids this young. hahahaha!!
    We start teaching the ND fight song in utero...
    Tara
    Married 20 years to MD/PhD in year 3 of MFM fellowship. SAHM to five wonderful children (#6 due in August), a sweet GSD named Bella, a black lab named Toby, and 1 guinea pig.

Comment

All I have to say is " BOOMER SOONER!!!""

I will leave it at that, I will now leave in horror!!! LOL
      Brandi
      Wife to PGY3 Rads also proud mother of three spoiled dogs!! Some days it is hectic, but I wouldn't trade this for anything.

Comment

My parents got this for DS.

I kid you not. We own it.

I haven't watched it. My parents are always getting us cheesy UT stuff like this.

Comment

My children will be watching the OU version. I bought OU booties at the bookstore on my way outta Norman--gotta be ready for the next couple years!

Having Matthew McConaughey narrate might be a little much.
          Married to a newly minted Pediatric Rad, momma to a sweet girl and a bunch of (mostly) cute boy monsters.

Comment

Yikes! I'd better get DS in remedial Sooner classed ASAP!!!
            Laurie
            My team: DH (anesthesiologist), DS (9), DD (8)

Comment

I love Texas but...

One of Adele's first words was Jayhawk!
              Wife to NSG out of training, mom to 2, 10 & 8, and a beagle with wings.

Comment

Texans are crazy. Aggies vs. Longhorns and then Texas Tech thrown in on top of it. (and Baylor and Rice, etc.) My friend Jenn told Nikolai it would break her heart if he went to A & M. My parents went to Pitt so the grandsons are always outfitted with Pitt sweatshirts, and my husband went to UCSB so we occasionally get a dude shirt from there. My brother and SIL went to Maryland so it's been an easy gift to suggest to my brother for the dude. My college changed it's name and I no longer will support them because of it. I went to Western Maryland College and they're now McDaniel college and I'm not going to wear something that says McDaniel. They have even told us that on our resumes we're supposed to write "McDaniel College, formerly known as..." but I write "Western Maryland College, now known as..."

Jenn

Comment

Texans are crazy. Aggies vs. Longhorns and then Texas Tech thrown in on top of it.
                  Oh yes. Believe it or not, part of the reason some friends and I went to OU (in addition to scholarships) was it is a decent middle ground between the two. A&M is wildly conservative and cultlike (hey--they dance around a bonfire and worship a dog) and UT is...well...UT--big, loud, and extremely proud of themselves

I cant say OU isn't fanatical, though
                  Married to a newly minted Pediatric Rad, momma to a sweet girl and a bunch of (mostly) cute boy monsters.

Comment

Jenn, my college also underwent a name change since I graduated. The last time I looked at the diploma hanging on my wall, it says the old name, NOT the new name. I'm not happy with the name change either, so just like you, I always refer to my alma mater by their old name. Oh, and I went to a specific college within a state university, and I always say I am a graduate of "X college at Y university", NEVER the other way around.

I think the video is a little much, but might work if you are an alum who lives some distance from where they went to school and wants to share with your children where you went to school. If you live close enough, I think taking them to campus and doing fun things is a good way to introduce them to the college's culture. I know I will totally be decking out our future children in scarlet and the gear from my specific college, and I can't wait to take them to football games and other fun, child-friendly campus events.
                    Event coordinator, wife and therapist to a peds attending

Comment

Working...
                    X