Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

flying with 9-month old wwyd part 234839043

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• flying with 9-month old wwyd part 234839043

One of the tips is to schedule a flight around a kid's nap schedule?! Well, what happens if said kid wakes up over an hour beyond his/her normal wake-up time.

Dd is still fast asleep. She's wakes up for the morning between 6:30 and 7am. Now, it's almost 8, and she's still zonked out in her crib. Dh is taking advantage of this fact, and is sleeping, too. I wanted to get going as soon as dd gets up, so that we can have more time on the other side of security for her to nap before we get on the plane. She is unable to sleep unless she's in her stroller or in her crib, so this flight is going to be a nightmare if she doesn't get a nap in before we fly.

ARGHARGHARGH!!! I should have woken her up, huh?
    married to an anesthesia attending

And we are off!

We originally booked the first flight out of here, and then at the last minute had to change it, because dh was on call (oops on my part...). Unfortunately, dh's colleague wouldn't take his last 3 hours of call, so that I wouldn't have to pay the rebooking fee... Oh well, it was my fault in the first place. But now this flight looks actually a bit emptier than our original one, so maybe we will get lucky with an open seat for dd after all.

Wish us luck!

Comment

Fingers crossed for you!
      Wife to PGY4 & Mother of 3.

Comment

Fingers and toes crossed - good luck!
        Wife to NSG out of training, mom to 2, 10 & 8, and a beagle with wings.

Comment

It's just a 2-hour flight, nothing like Russia!!!

Comment

Good luck! Hope it goes smoothly for you all!
            Laurie
            My team: DH (anesthesiologist), DS (9), DD (8)

Comment

Originally posted by alison View Post
              It's just a 2-hour flight, nothing like Russia!!!
              It will be fine - you crack me up!

Comment

FWIW, I never bothered with respecting the nap schedules. I find that flying screws up sleep patterns no matter what. I do avoid afternoon departures for the delays, tho.
                Peggy

Aloha from paradise! And the other side of training!

Comment

Originally posted by peggyfromwastate View Post
                  FWIW, I never bothered with respecting the nap schedules. I find that flying screws up sleep patterns no matter what. I do avoid afternoon departures for the delays, tho.
                  Ditto.

You will be fine Alison, so will your dd
                  Tara
                  Married 20 years to MD/PhD in year 3 of MFM fellowship. SAHM to five wonderful children (#6 due in August), a sweet GSD named Bella, a black lab named Toby, and 1 guinea pig.

Comment

And after you've been through it, you feel like you've run a marathon!
                    Peggy

Comment

3-hour delay. Dd loves the airport. She thinks it's pretty awesome here!

Comment

Lots of people to watch - glad she's doing well!

Comment

Uggh. Glad you're keeping positive, but I hate delays...

Hang in there!!! (Think-- Marathon...)
                          Peggy

Comment

Ok, not so good anymore... Dh left with dd to go outside. She's screaming uncontrollably.

Comment

I am sure you are gone by now, but my biggest tip re flying with kids is just to remember "this sucks, but it will end in x hours, and I'll never see these people again".
                              I literally repeated this to myself during our last flight. And I have flown solo with DS to Europe twice (at 6 months and 22 months). 22 months was way harder BTW.

Comment

Working...
                              X