Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Please send some good baby vibes my way...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please send some good baby vibes my way...

Flying for the first time with Zoe tonight. We're headed from Philly to Chicago for the wedding of one of DH's med school classmates. Should be a great weekend/reunion with his old med school crew. I feel like I'm as prepared as possible for the flight, but still feel like it's a big unknown. So I'm nervous. Please send the good baby vibes my way... I need them!!
    Attorney, wife to EM attending, mom to two girls (ages 5 and 2)

You'll do fine! and remember, even if it turns in to the trip from hell, it's a relatively quick flight w/ people you will never see again!

Good luck and enjoy the weekend.

Jenn

Comment

Jenn's right. It's a relatively quick flight, so you'll get there soon enough!!! Have a great time!
      married to an anesthesia attending

Comment

Good luck, and have a fun trip!
        Laurie
        My team: DH (anesthesiologist), DS (9), DD (8)

Comment

You'll be fine!! And I like Jenn's advice! Let us know how it goes and have a great time at the wedding.
          Wife to PGY4 & Mother of 3.

Comment

You'll be great! Don't worry!

Comment

Thanks for all the good vibes guys... it worked!!!! Zoe was awesome all weekend. I started giving her a bottle on the plane as soon as it started getting ready for take-off. She drank until she fell sound asleep, then I strapped her into the bjorn and she slept the entire way without crying once. Did the same thing on the way home. I was kind of amazed. Plus she was just great at the wedding and we had a blast with everyone. She was fun and happy during dinner then fell asleep in her stroller just before dancing started. DH and I were actually able to enjoy ourselves and party with our friends, and just took turns going back to our table to check on her in the stroller. I don't know if we win any "parents of the year" award for that one, but it was so nice for him and me. Not to mention that he was truly my PARTNER in parenting all weekend, which is rare. He didn't bring an ounce of work with him and he was really present. It felt luxurious having someone else in it with me for once.

Only adventure happened on the way to the Chicago airport. We're stuck in HORRIBLE traffic, worried about getting the rental car returned and having some time to chill with the baby before the flight. I'm sitting in back with her beside the carseat and I could tell she was pooping. Of course this is a great relief to me because now I know there won't be a big on the plane (it had been a couple days). So I'm complimenting her on what a good baby she is.... and about 10 minutes later (as we continue to creep through traffic) I notice some very wet poo on the edge of the carseat. Lift her leg up and realize that she'd actually had a complete diaper blow out. Poop out the back of the diaper, up her back, around her side, all over the carseat, all over her clothes. I actually panicked for a minute and didn't know what to do!! Finally DH crossed over 4 lanes of traffic to pull over and I just spent 15 minutes getting her changed and re-dressed in the backseat. The car seat was disgusting, so I just wiped it down as much as I could and put a plastic target shopping back down on it before strapping her back in. It was epic. All I could say was thank good it didn't happen on the plane, thank god it didn't happen on the plane.... We had rented the carseat from Hertz, so thank goodness we didn't have to take a stinky disgusting car seat home with us. BUT, I can tell you this will be the very last time we ever do that. Now I am all to aware of how you really have no idea what's gone on in those carseats before you get them. Something made up for the trauma of the diaper blow out though... when we went to turn in the car at Hertz the check in lady saw us with the baby and said, "Oh, you have a baby with you. Since it's a slow day here our policy is to give people with babies complementary rides over to ticketing in your car. You don't have to take the shuttle." I nearly fell over. DH hopped over to the passenger seat and some Hertz guy drove us right up to ticketing. Totally made up for the trauma of the diaper blow out.

Anyhow - thanks again for all the good vibes. We had a phenomenal weekend.
              Attorney, wife to EM attending, mom to two girls (ages 5 and 2)

Comment

Note to self: don't rent a car seat from Hertz at O'Hare.

sounds like you had a great time!!!

Comment

Nice! DS did have a major poop explosion on our flight. It was also pretty epic! So glad you were able to have a great trip!
                  Laurie
                  My team: DH (anesthesiologist), DS (9), DD (8)

Comment

Dude had one in the very chi-chi Marriott Grande in Moscow. We were really classy.

Jenn

Comment

Dd had one in her car seat at a sushi bar in SF. We let her stew in it.

Comment

Working...
                      X