Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Outdoor playhouse rec

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Outdoor playhouse rec

Hey all,

Since we are moving to a larger place, I would like to get E one of those plastic or wooden outdoor playhouses. He loves them when we go to our local tot lot and over his cousins house. Do you have any recs positive or negative? I see a lot of them from Step 2 so I was thinking of going that route. If you also think it's a silly purchase, I would love to hear that too. We have been keeping an eye on craigslist for a cheaper one but nothing has popped up yet.
    Danielle
    Wife of a sexy Radiologist and mom to TWO adorable little boys!

take a look around the neighborhood on bulk trash pickup days. people are constantly getting rid of these things when the kids grow out of them.
    Enabler of DW and 5 kids
    Let's go Mets!

Comment

Oh man, they're on craigslist here all the time but I don't think I could transport one in our camry--even disassembled--so I've just been browsing coveteously.

Something else you may want to consider instead of, or in addition to, is a climber. Cora's cousins have a Little Tikes Large Cube Climber and the kids love it.

They also have a playhouse and the popular feature is a door that opens and closes and also window shutters that open and close--lots of hiding and popping out and then shrieking going on.

Try a searches on craigslist for
      Step 2
      Little Tikes
      Little Tykes (a lot of people misspell it)
      Married to a hematopathologist seven years out of training.
      Raising three girls, 11, 9, and 2.

“That was the thing about the world: it wasn't that things were harder than you thought they were going to be, it was that they were hard in ways that you didn't expect.”
      Lev Grossman, The Magician King

Comment

Genius, Julie! Just typed in little tykes and finally saw a couple of postings....now the only issue is figuring out if we can fit it in the car. If not, we will have to get it shipped... E loves the doors and windows so I am hoping to get one with those features on the house.
        Danielle
        Wife of a sexy Radiologist and mom to TWO adorable little boys!

Comment

If you can find one locally, there's always the option of renting a small U-Haul. You can get one for in-town, one day for pretty cheap - like $20 or so. We did that a few years ago when we bought a TV that wouldn't fit into our car.

ETA - get a quote first. I don't remember if there were other charges for mileage and stuff.
          Last edited by ladymoreta; 07-20-2010, 02:54 PM.
          Laurie
          My team: DH (anesthesiologist), DS (9), DD (8)

Comment

Working...
          X