Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

OMG, He's so cute it's killing me!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OMG, He's so cute it's killing me!

I've been trying to teach BabyK how to clap his hands for a while. I clap his hands together and cheer "Yea! Good Job!" or we sing "If you're happy and you know it. . ." and play other such clapping games. This weekend something clicked. I guess he's had a leap in his hand-eye coordination abilities because he also managed to get the puffs from his tray to his mouth for the first time yesterday and today he was getting all sorts of table foods into his mouth with pretty good accuracy.

Today, I changed his diaper and when I finished, I looked at him as asked "Ok, is that better?" And he started to laugh and applaud! "Yea! Good Job, Momma!" It was adorable!

Then, this evening I was trying to get him to do it for DrK. I kept telling him "clap your hands." So BabyK reached out, grabbed MY hands, and started clapping them together as if to say, "Momma, this is so much fun! You've GOT to try this!"
    Wife and #1 Fan of Attending Adult & Geriatric Psychiatrist.

I love it when they make those kinds of leaps.

Another cute kid story (as a hijack): Today I bought Sophie a new pair of shoes because her feet have grown so much. They are ugly! Pink ballet flats with a flower at the toe with a giant rhinestone in the middle of it. The front part of the shoe is a dark pink and the heel portion is pale pink. Fugly and the girl just LOVES them. Thank gawd they were only $3.00. She spent most of the day dancing around on her tiptoes admiring her new shoes, showing them to everyone who entered her line of sight. Repeatedly. When I was changing her diaper, she pulled her shod feet up to her face, looking at the new shoes said very clearly "datssss nice". Her first two word phrase besides bye-bye and it is about shoes! I laughed so hard!
    Kris

Comment

Too cute!!!
      Laurie
      My team: DH (anesthesiologist), DS (9), DD (8)

Comment

Adorable! It just keeps getting better and better, too! There is nothing more enjoyable than watching/experiencing your child learn or do something new.
        Wife to a PGY-7 Interventional Cardiology Fellow, Mom to two. DS(7) and DD(3).

Comment

I love this moments that are so small yet so BIG all at the same time.
          Wife to PGY5. Mommy to baby girl born 11/2009. Cat mommy since 2002
          "“If you don't know where you are going any road can take you there”"

Comment

Pictures please!
            Married to a newly minted Pediatric Rad, momma to a sweet girl and a bunch of (mostly) cute boy monsters.

Comment

So cute!!! I love moments when you just see how something has clicked in their brains! It's so amazing, every time.
              Attorney, mom, married to a vascular surgery fellow!

Comment

Aw - I love those moments! We have a really fun picture of DD#2 learning to clap. She was obviously very pleased with herself! Those pictures are priceless to me. We invested in a good computer backup system just to keep our pictures safe, since we're not so good at printing them right away.

Comment

Working...
                X