Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Naps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Naps

Can they go from two naps to no naps?!
    married to an anesthesia attending

Oh no, has M gone from sleeping all the time to not sleeping?
    Tara
    Married 20 years to MD/PhD in year 3 of MFM fellowship. SAHM to five wonderful children (#6 due in August), a sweet GSD named Bella, a black lab named Toby, and 1 guinea pig.

Comment

Yes.
      I know.... You warned me!!!
      Her uncle is in town, and she doesn't want to miss anything. I went in just now--she had dark circles under her eyes from not having slept, and she had taken off most of her clothes.

This is totally new!

Comment

We've had this happen before too. She will go back to napping, every once in a while they like to mess with you . Sorry about the no nap, sometimes on those days I will plop dd in the car and go for a ride just so she will take a short power nap and I can have a break. How is the bil visit going?
        Tara
        Married 20 years to MD/PhD in year 3 of MFM fellowship. SAHM to five wonderful children (#6 due in August), a sweet GSD named Bella, a black lab named Toby, and 1 guinea pig.

Comment

She'll go back to napping. Like you said she's excited. O always slept horribly & would refuse naps when we had people staying with us. Once they left or by the third day he readjusted. Really not fun!
          Wife to Hand Surgeon just out of training, mom to two lovely kittys and little boy, O, born in Sept 08.

Comment

The visit is going alright. Just some small annoyances like cranking the heat up to 80 and opening windows in the same room. I only realized this because the heater keeps kicking on. Sheesh. When I went up to the room, it was boiling. Bil had also put his suitcase directly in front of the heater vent.
            Wth--a fire could have started!

Yeah, dd is all wound up. She poops at least 4 times a day, too. So much activity around here!

Comment

At least she isn't constipated!
              Kris

Comment

Ha! You're right, Kris.

Comment

My dd has never napped. Not at home, not at daycare. Ped says "she must not be a napper". Every month or so, she'll take a 1 hour long nap on a weekend day. OMG I get so much done! Generally, we get maybe a 20 min nap...if we are lucky.

I bet M will go back to napping, and then I'll go back to being alone with the napless baby.
                  Wife to PGY4 & Mother of 3.

Comment

I shouldn't complain! Yikes! No naps?!?!
                    I need a break from dd during the day.

It looks like her morning nap has come back, but no matter how tired she is in the afternoon, she won't sleep. I hope things normalize when bil leaves. She's all wound up and is constantly looking for him.

By evening time, she crashes.

Comment

Today at daycare she napped once for 20 minutes. It was a "nap day" and they asked if she was feeling okay. Honestly, I bet your BIL is the reason... too much excitement, why rest?
                      Wife to PGY4 & Mother of 3.

Comment

Oh Crystal--there are new Trumpettetoo Christmas-themed socks at Target. I keep forgetting to tell you!

Back on topic: so, it's normal for them to take a mega long nap in the middle of the day now, instead of two, right? I'm talking 3 hours!

I've noticed her first molars coming in. Can that be? I thought they didn't come in until 2 years of age.

Comment

Bad mommy!
                          These are her first molars. Weird that they come in before canines...
                          I hit the jackpot with teething. I never know she's teething until I spot new ones in her mouth.

Comment

At a year I push my kids to take one long nap instead of two shorter ones. At nearly 2 S still takes a 2-3 hour nap after lunch every day.
                            Kris

Comment

My kids all dropped the morning nap by around 7-9 months or so. Then they mostly took one afternoon nap at around 12:30 or 1.

I would just start by trying to put her to bed earlier at night. Sounds like she's working through some growth development (molars) and maybe some social development (taking off her own clothes- already!?) and this takes a lot out of babies. She's probably having a sleep deficit and if she can bank some extra sleep at night she may be able to sleep better during the day.

And when BIL goes home things will be *normal* for a while and she can get her groove back on.

But as to the original question, my DD Josie proved to me that sleep habits can change completely in a matter of 24 hours. As in she didn't take a nap at all for about 10 months, just would play then cry in her crib for about an hour a day, and then suddenly (age 18 months or so) she started to take a 2.5 hour nap. Of actual sleeping followed by quiet playing, no crying. I don't understand what happened, but at this point in parenthood I don't even try to figure out why something happens. Just trying to keep my head above the water...
                              Peggy

Aloha from paradise! And the other side of training!

Comment

Working...
                              X