Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Odd sleep schedule?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Odd sleep schedule?

Are sleep patterns something that go on the list of things I should stop obsessing about...?

Dd struggled with going from 2 to 1 nap, and still, around 5pm will get so cranky that I'll occasionally offer her a nap. She never falls asleep and screams for me to bring her back down again. I can then ride her out until 6:30 or 7, and then she sleeps until.....9am!

Yes.... As I write this post, my dd has yet to wake up.

She takes a nap from around noon-1:30, and that's it. It's a big difference from two months ago, where she'd nap around 3-4 hours/day.

Is late-waking normal at all for this age? I mean, I feel like I have a teenager...

Is it that she's making up for the little sleep that she gets during the day?

I'll happily take this, but I was just wondering how I can help her in that afternoons when she's so cranky and really wants to nap, but can't.
    married to an anesthesia attending

Even though it's very frustrating, don't worry too much about it. Having dealt with our two, I think it's safe to say that the sleeping patterns of any child under three are very unpredictable and there is no "normal." Just when you think there's an established routine, it's going to change again.

Comment

Yup--who are you, bobk? I can't find an intro for you!
      I'd like to know more about you, especially since the guys around here post so rarely!

Comment

I've been around for a year or so, but have recently made an effort to post more often. I'm a SAHD with two kids (2 & 6 years). DW is doing Ob/Gyn residency now. I also work part-time from home, which both great and stressful at the same time.

Comment

I agree with Bob. Don't worry about it -- it'll likely change again in a week (or month).
          Veronica
          Mother of two ballerinas and one wild boy

Comment

Thanks for the support!
            Bob--a year ago is about when I lost any semblance of being able to keep things in my head for longer than 15 seconds! Welcome, again!

Comment

Bobk- I remember you- your avatar Glad you are going to post more!
              Wife to Hand Surgeon just out of training, mom to two lovely kittys and little boy, O, born in Sept 08.

Comment

I would love if my kid slept at least until 7:30 consistently. On most days she wakes up with DH at 6 and sometimes I can convince her sleep a bit more with a bottle. Often she'll gulp it down in 2minutes and be ready to face the day. Me - not so much.

I have noticed that if she sleeps less than "usual" for a few days in a row, she'll need an extra nap or sleep in a bit longer in the morning. So there is some sort of self-regulator build in.

Comment

I wish my son had your child's sleep schedule! He goes to bed at 7 (he is sooo cranky by then) and usually wakes up between 5:30 and 7am. I would given anything if he'd sleep in! Also he only naps for an hour a day. The only times he'll nap longer is if we do some sort of outing in the morning that wears him out.

Comment

Working...
                  X