Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

introducing warm food

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• introducing warm food

I thought it would be easier for everyone if I get DD used to eating cold food, including bottles. This has so far been working great, but now that I'm introducing meat and other table foods, she still will only eat them cold, room temp at best. Veggies, meat, rice, everything has to be cold. Any advice on how to transition her to warm foods? I keep offering while it's warm but she won't eat until it has cooled down.

Let her eat them cold. She will transition on her own when she gets older. Plus, you don't want her to start wanting all her food warm because it will be a huge PITA when you are out and about.
    Tara
    Married 20 years to MD/PhD in year 3 of MFM fellowship. SAHM to five wonderful children (#6 due in August), a sweet GSD named Bella, a black lab named Toby, and 1 guinea pig.

Comment

What she said.
      Mom of 3, Veterinarian

Comment

I do find it much easier that she will eat anything cold. Our friends who have Russian babysitters keep asking what kind of soups we give her and when I tell them that she only eats cold food, they're a bit shocked. Although not more shocked than when they found out that I also don't heat up her bottles.

Comment

DH still prefers everything cold!!!
          Luanne
          wife, mother, nurse practitioner

"You have not converted a man because you have silenced him." (John, Viscount Morely, On Compromise, 1874)

Comment

Sophie still eats most of her food at room temperature.
            Kris

Comment

Originally posted by HouseofWool View Post
              Sophie still eats most of her food at room temperature.
              Hell, JACOB (nearly 10) still eats most of his food at room temp and/or cold. He & I are similar in that we don't like very hot food. I always let my soup, coffee, etc. cool down quite a bit before I drink. My mouth burns easily. I'm always amazed by people that can taste things straight out of a pan or pot.

Comment

E at 4 has *just* switched from demanding that his plate go into the freezer before he eats, to insisting that he is a big boy who likes hot food.
                Last edited by spotty_dog; 03-08-2011, 09:26 AM.
                Alison

Comment

You'd have a much bigger problem on your hands here if she refused to eat anything unless it was warm. I wouldn't worry about it too much.
                  Attorney, wife to EM attending, mom to two girls (ages 5 and 2)

Comment

It's nice to know my kid is not the only one who likes cold food. I guess warming up our food is an adult thing (for the most part).

Jenn, I can't eat/drink hot stuff either. I usually have to wait at least 5 minutes until my tea becomes drinkable.

Comment

Working...
                    X