Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Potty training in 3 days

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Potty training in 3 days

I don't have anywhere I have to be this week until Friday for camp pickups for the twins. We are potty training cold turkey these three days. Dd already is pretty much trained, but she's been in pull ups so she just goes in her pull up if she's too distracted to go to the potty. She is now in underwear only when she's not in her crib, so we will see how it goes.

I'll be so glad when she's all done. My last potty training!!!!!! Yay!!!! This means maybe soon I'll be able to reclaim my dresser top which has served as our changing table (in my bedroom!) for the past 3 years...
    Peggy

Aloha from paradise! And the other side of training!

Good luck!!! The only parenting job I wish I could hire out
    Tara
    Married 20 years to MD/PhD in year 3 of MFM fellowship. SAHM to five wonderful children (#6 due in August), a sweet GSD named Bella, a black lab named Toby, and 1 guinea pig.

Comment

Go team Peggy!

I couldn't agree more about the hiring out process, Pollyanna. I'm sure someone could become a wealthy person doing that.
      In my dreams I run with the Kenyans.

Comment

I thought there was a story a couple of years ago about someone who had started a potty-training boot camp. I would pay good money to send my kid there!

Yay for ditching the diapers, Peggy! My middle one just trained (3.5yo), so now I'm left with just one (my last!) in diapers.

By the time DD trains I'll have changed diapers for 8 years straight ... I'm looking forward to being able to carry a purse again someday!
        ~Jane

-Wife of urology attending.
        -SAHM to three great kiddos (2 boys, 1 girl!)

Comment

2 successful pees in toilet. No poops. She's in a diaper for nap so we will see

I have to update you all bc dh is in the OR.. If I txt him the med student will read the txt aloud Usually that only happens when I'm pissed at dh about something and send him a bitchy text--- It's pretty embarrassing!!! But I'm sure dh gets sympathy points.
          Peggy

Aloha from paradise! And the other side of training!

Comment

I would gladly pay to have someone else potty train my kids for me. I hate the feeling of being trapped in the house at the whims of a maniacal tyrant. That and the fact that I am so over poppy undies I could just scream.

Not to hijack, but does anyone have any suggestions for this trick? Sophie is reluctant to poop on the potty and her newest way around it is to poop in her diaper while in bed. I have been reluctant to put her in undies while she sleeps because she has always been a very heavy wetter over night. The thought of having to wash sheets twice a day is more than I can handle.
            Kris

Comment

I was just thinking about this the other day because I felt like I got so lucky with A and don't feel I'll be as lucky with R. I'd gladly pay someone, I'm so ready to be done with the wrestling match that diaper changes have become. Good luck!
              Wife to NSG out of training, mom to 2, 10 & 8, and a beagle with wings.

Comment

We are still having issues with poop. Yes, my son is 4 years and 4 months old and I have him in pull ups more than I should. I'm the mom who throws away the poopy underwear because I hate cleaning them.
                Veronica
                Mother of two ballerinas and one wild boy

Comment

Not any one method worked for me. I read a bunch of approaches and used what worked for my kiddo. We are still not completely trained. He's only wearing a diaper at bed time & will use public potties with help now. At home he's mostly nude from the waste down & goes in his potty when he needs to. Step by step.
                  Wife to Hand Surgeon just out of training, mom to two lovely kittys and little boy, O, born in Sept 08.

Comment

Working...
                  X