Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Let your toddler go w/out you?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by diggitydot View Post
    Nope, I wouldn't let a virtual stranger (pregnant woman or not) take my 20-month old toddler out of my sight for ANY reason.
    ditto
    Wife and #1 Fan of Attending Adult & Geriatric Psychiatrist.

Comment

Originally posted by scarlett09 View Post
      Nope. Despite the immediate feelings of uneasiness, I'm glad the session went well.
      Yeah I am too. She said at one point that she didn't know I would feel uneasy about asking to take her back alone. If that is standard procedure then I thought she would have said something about that from the first meeting. It's one of those situations where the child expert expects they can do what ever they like with my child while she is in her 'domain.' I expect that form the school system some day, but from the SP at 20 months?! Gezz. (Good)Parenting isn't for weak!
      Wife to PGY5. Mommy to baby girl born 11/2009. Cat mommy since 2002
      "“If you don't know where you are going any road can take you there”"

Comment

Absolutely! Listen to Jenn!!
        -Ladybug

Comment

Maybe the therapist is fairly new to dealing with toddlers professionally? If she's accustomed to dealing with school-aged kids in an elementary school setting (and doesn't yet have kids of her own), I can see the cluelessness.

Comment

I hope your dd gets the help she needs. Go with your level of comfort when it comes to leaving her with the therapist. I hate leaving my daughter with a sitter, so I shouldn't really comment. I do think that in a therapy-type situation that our (as parents) nerves are spent, and it's so hard to feel at ease.

Do what feels right.
            married to an anesthesia attending

Comment

I just think that is strange to ask to be alone with your 20month old daughter. O had therapy & they came to our house. It was also one of the rules that a care giver be there & somewhat involved. I have heard of kids alone with therapists with the parent watching on video or through a mirror but not completely alone.
              Wife to Hand Surgeon just out of training, mom to two lovely kittys and little boy, O, born in Sept 08.

Comment

Working...
              X