Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Embarrassing moment

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Embarrassing moment

I want to hide under a rock!

My husband is off this week, and we both went to a trial gymnastics class with dd. There was one of those foam pits that I used to love as a child. I decided to jump in with dd, but soon realized what the teacher meant by "it's tough to get out sometimes." No sh*t! I could not get out. Foam bricks flying everywhere, dh giving me a hand to drag me out, dh and the teacher giving me BOTH their hands to drag me out, etc. Finally, they threw a whole mat into the pit, I got on top of it, and 3 teachers pulled me out.

I'm so embarrassed!
    married to an anesthesia attending

I'm giggling inside because I had a similar experience during little E's first gymnastic class. Never again will I be caught in the foam pit. The kids make it look so easy! Just remember you are not the first or only mom/dad to get "caught"
    Danielle
    Wife of a sexy Radiologist and mom to TWO adorable little boys!

Comment

Note to self: never jump in the foam pit.

Comment

Oh no! I can totally see me doing that! Thanks for the warning!
        Laurie
        My team: DH (anesthesiologist), DS (9), DD (8)

Comment

OMGosh Alison, that totally made my day. Sorry for your embarrassment though and thanks for the heads up on the block pit!
          Tara
          Married 20 years to MD/PhD in year 3 of MFM fellowship. SAHM to five wonderful children (#6 due in August), a sweet GSD named Bella, a black lab named Toby, and 1 guinea pig.

Comment

Originally posted by Pollyanna View Post
            OMGosh Alison, that totally made my day. Sorry for your embarrassment though and thanks for the heads up on the block pit!
            This!! *giggle!* I'm sure I'll get my karma soon for giggling... but it is totally something I would do!
            Wife to PGY4 & Mother of 3.

Comment

Been there, done that! Even lost a sock in the process!
              Charlene~Married to an attending Ophtho Mudphud and Mom to 2 daughters

Comment

Originally posted by MDPhDWife View Post
                Been there, done that! Even lost a sock in the process!
                I lost a sock, too! I was so embarrassed, that before I got out of the pit, I threw my other one in there, too.
                married to an anesthesia attending

Comment

I have learned to not jump in the foam pit.. I can step in on the sides where o can sort of grab the mats to hoist myself out... Those foam pits are not easy to climb out of!!
                  Peggy

Aloha from paradise! And the other side of training!

Comment

I did the same thing about 3 months after giving birth...by c-section. I was totally out of shape, but also had no ab-muscles built back up and felt like I completely ripped my body in half. Plus, it was so ridiculously embarrassing!
                    -Deb
                    Wife to EP, just trying to keep up with my FOUR busy kids!

Comment

Working...
                    X