Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

How much for classes?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How much for classes?

How much do you pay for these little classes for pre schoolers? I found a little dance place close by that does 1 hour/1 day a week Ballet and tap for $50 per month. Is that too much or about right? I asked around and my friend's are paying $70 month for weekly gymnastics classes for toddlers. Our toddler yoga class is super duper cheep at $5 a class! So, I'm a little sticker shocked I guess.
    Wife to PGY5. Mommy to baby girl born 11/2009. Cat mommy since 2002
    "“If you don't know where you are going any road can take you there”"

We pay $50/month for A's dance class that meets 50 min/week. I think the gymnastics classes at the same place are just a little more.
    Wife to NSG out of training, mom to 2, 10 & 8, and a beagle with wings.

Comment

So far the cheapest classes we've done is swimming and that's $13.50 for a 30 minute class. I think $12 per class is a steal.

Comment

My Gym classes (which they describe as "Gymnastics, Fitness, Sports Skills, Tumbling for children 6 weeks to 9 years!") are $68/mo for a one-hour-per-week class, plus access to some open-gym free-play times.
        Married to a hematopathologist seven years out of training.
        Raising three girls, 11, 9, and 2.

“That was the thing about the world: it wasn't that things were harder than you thought they were going to be, it was that they were hard in ways that you didn't expect.”
        Lev Grossman, The Magician King

Comment

Around my neck of the woods it's usually 15$/hour or per class- depends though because there are some county Rex classes that are less (around $10/class) but generally speaking you get what you pay for. County classes are usually held in community centers, but private classes are in more specialized settings- like dance studios, etc.
          Peggy

Aloha from paradise! And the other side of training!

Comment

We pay $40/month dance. After your 5th hour you pay $20/month. I've noticed that gym/tumbling classes are much more expensive.
            Tara
            Married 20 years to MD/PhD in year 3 of MFM fellowship. SAHM to five wonderful children (#6 due in August), a sweet GSD named Bella, a black lab named Toby, and 1 guinea pig.

Comment

Gymnastics can run crazy expensive. I have a friend who's dd is on a gym team and the uniform alone costs $180- just for the leotard thing. Then they add the sweats, the practice uniforms, etc.

These gyms make a lot of money with their prek tumbling classes- helps offset the crazy expensive gymnastics equipment.
              Peggy

Aloha from paradise! And the other side of training!

Comment

Yeah that sounds good to me. We have not done dance, but the gymnastics and music classes that I have done with DS at various places have run anything from $15 - $20/class.

Comment

Oh god, I know M would love to be in gymnastics, but I don't want to see that foam pit ever again... .

Classes here usually run on a quarterly basis, and they work out to be around $10-15 per class, with the more expensives ones like gymnastics around $18.
                  married to an anesthesia attending

Comment

We pay about $22 per hour class for E's gymnastics class but it's great. It's a real training center for gymnasts so he can see the older girls flipping and spinning all over the place. I'm really impressed with the real tricks they teach. Our local mama and me tumble gym tried to charge the same for simple floor mats and soft floor toys.
                    Danielle
                    Wife of a sexy Radiologist and mom to TWO adorable little boys!

Comment

At my girls' studio, a creative movement class for toddlers/preschoolers would be $55/month. We pay a lot more than that per month, but between the two girls, I'm paying for 13 hours of dance lessons. A private one-hour lesson is $50.
                      Veronica
                      Mother of two ballerinas and one wild boy

Comment

Originally posted by v-girl View Post
                        At my girls' studio, a creative movement class for toddlers/preschoolers would be $55/month. We pay a lot more than that per month, but between the two girls, I'm paying for 13 hours of dance lessons. A private one-hour lesson is $50.
                        DD will be 22 months when she starts the class next month. Does it really matter where I get the ballet and tap shoes???
                        Wife to PGY5. Mommy to baby girl born 11/2009. Cat mommy since 2002
                        "“If you don't know where you are going any road can take you there”"

Comment

For that age, tap shoes from Payless, Bloch ballet shoes or the little slipper ballet shoes from Target. The Payless ballet shoes (or at least the ones they had when my girls were little) were too stiff. You could check now though and see if they carry Bloch. My girls haven't done tap in years, but I think the shoes were no more than $30. Ballet shoes are $20-30.
                          Veronica
                          Mother of two ballerinas and one wild boy

Comment

Working...
                          X