Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

scared kid hellllp

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• scared kid hellllp

Agh I need help.
    I was letting A play on the Ipad while I gave the little one a bath today, and she suddenly came running into the bathroom screaming and crying like she was horrified. I have never seen her like this. She closed the doors to the bathroom and literally climbed up me and held on for dear life. She couldn't even tell me what scared her because she was too horrified by it. When I went and investigated, she had found a pretty scary looking face in a hair cutting game. It is made for kids, but this face was really scary.
    So, this was probably 3 hours ago, and she is still crying every few minutes, she won't talk about what happened, she is extra clingly, and won't even consider coming upstairs with me. She is so tense.
    I fell awful. She has never been scared of anything like this before. I feel like I'm going to need to put her in therapy over it. I don't even want to think about what is going to happen when I try to put her to sleep tonight.
    Any suggestions? She's only 2. She does understand the difference between real and pretend. But for some reason my words aren't helping. Especially because she refuses to talk about it without becoming hysterical.
    -Mommy, FM wife, Disney Planner and Hoosier

Just love her and hold her when she has a scared fit. I say "that was scary but you are ok now. I'm here to help you. Let me love you". It's works in our house and it usually goes away after a day or so.
    Mom of 3, Veterinarian

Comment

Poor thing. I wish I had advice!

I bet her first haircut is going to be traumatic!

Comment

I wouldn't press her about it. Put it away and redirect. It might be a hard couple of nights but she will move past it.
        -Ladybug

Comment

I agree with ladybug.
          Cranky Wife to a Peds EM in private practice. Mom to 5 girls - 1 in Heaven and 4 running around in princess shoes.

Comment

Whoops - just saw the date on this thread.

Is she still scared?
            Cranky Wife to a Peds EM in private practice. Mom to 5 girls - 1 in Heaven and 4 running around in princess shoes.

Comment

She is WAY less scared. But she still asks periodically if the "hair game" is gone. just to make sure. Thanks for asking. I was pretty sure she was going to be dreaming about that face as an adult.
              -Mommy, FM wife, Disney Planner and Hoosier

Comment

LOL.

Well, we all have one incident from our childhhood that scars us for life. She just got hers out of the way early! 8 )

Comment

Working...
                X