Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Curveball

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Some kids are good sleepers, some aren't. It has NOTHING to do with the parenting abilities involved. I always joke that if DS had been first, he's have been an only kid. Dude FINALLY slept through the night at 4 y/o. DD1 slept through the night at 6 weeks. I was NOT prepared for the dude.

However, he's now 9 y/o and sleeps like a rock until 6am.

Comment

You are a great mom!!!
      Veronica
      Mother of two ballerinas and one wild boy

Comment

Originally posted by diggitydot View Post
        Some kids are good sleepers, some aren't. It has NOTHING to do with the parenting abilities involved.
        Amen!
        Wife to PGY4 & Mother of 3.

Comment

Originally posted by diggitydot View Post
          Some kids are good sleepers, some aren't. It has NOTHING to do with the parenting abilities involved. I always joke that if DS had been first, he's have been an only kid.
          I said this ALL OF THE TIME in Robert's first 15 months. He didn't sleep through the night until after his first birthday, naps were a mess, I was a mess. His sister on the other hand slept through the night at 7 WEEKS!

Hang in there!
          Wife to NSG out of training, mom to 2, 10 & 8, and a beagle with wings.

Comment

My kid is a great sleeper these days, but she worked the kinks out over a very long period of time. She woke up every two hours until she was 5 months old, 11pm/3am/5am until she was 8 months old, and 2am/5am until 11 months, and 2am until she was 14 months old. It's not you, it's the kid--it depends on the model you get!
            married to an anesthesia attending

Comment

Originally posted by alison View Post
              It's not you, it's the kid--it depends on the model you get!
              And remember... no trade-ins allowed!
              Wife to PGY4 & Mother of 3.

Comment

Originally posted by alison View Post
                It's not you, it's the kid--it depends on the model you get!
                THIS! My first didn't nap or sleep through the night on her own until she was 4. My third is a great napper and sleeps through the night roughly 80% of the time. My second was adopted and came home sleeping.

It is so hard and frustrating when they won't sleep. I know that I felt like such a failure that my first was not a good sleeper. Try to remember that sleep is like everything else - if she struggles with spelling - it won't be your fault. If she is not good at jumping rope - it won't be your fault. Sleep is the same way.

You are a GREAT mom! Just the fact that you are worrying about being a good mom *makes* you a great mom!!
                Last edited by samssugarmomma; 11-11-2011, 08:13 AM. Reason: I broke the quote
                Cranky Wife to a Peds EM in private practice. Mom to 5 girls - 1 in Heaven and 4 running around in princess shoes.

Comment

Working...
                X