Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Veggie Tales

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Veggie Tales

I'd like to get my goddaughter some veggie tales for Christmas. I don't think she has any yet, so I was thinking perhaps a Christmas DVD or CD. Any favorites or suggestions?
    Loving wife of neurosurgeon

Silly Songs with Larry CDs are awesome.

The Toy that Saved Christmas is a good movie.
    Veronica
    Mother of two ballerinas and one wild boy

Comment

There are a ton on Netflix if you have that and want to preview any. My kids like them. The theme song gets stuck in my head.
      Mom of 3, Veterinarian

Comment

Jonah is my favorite for all ages. It's funny.
        Veronica

Comment

LOVE LOVE LOVE Veggie Tales!! Even our oldest kiddos still love them. Must have for any Veggie Tale collection are: Are You My Neighbor? (includes, "Where is my Hairbrush" song), Where's God When I'm S-Scared?, Rack, Shack, and Benny, Larry-Boy! And the Fib from Outer Space!, King George and the Ducky, Josh and the Big Wall!, The Toy That Saved Christmas, Dave and the Giant Pickle, God Wants Me to Forgive Them!?!

Those are some of our very favorites
          Tara
          Married 20 years to MD/PhD in year 3 of MFM fellowship. SAHM to five wonderful children (#6 due in August), a sweet GSD named Bella, a black lab named Toby, and 1 guinea pig.

Comment

Must look up that one.
            Veronica

Comment

She's two and a half but the reviews on amazon suggest that they aren't too heavy for little ones - would you agree? I just don't want to overwhelm her parents if the message is too much/too early for her.

Comment

My two and a half year old is watching Veggie Tales right now, not heavy at all
                Tara
                Married 20 years to MD/PhD in year 3 of MFM fellowship. SAHM to five wonderful children (#6 due in August), a sweet GSD named Bella, a black lab named Toby, and 1 guinea pig.

Comment

I consider us to be fairly strict when it comes to TV watching and we love Veggie Tales! We only have a few - Dave and the giant pickle and King George and the Ducky are favorites.

I don't find them to be too heavy either. It seems pretty subtle to me.
                  Cranky Wife to a Peds EM in private practice. Mom to 5 girls - 1 in Heaven and 4 running around in princess shoes.

Comment

We aren't religious at all and I don't think it's too heavy. I pick up on the God messages way more than the kids do. Daegan has just started asking who God is and he's 5. Kai (3 next month) has no clue about the religious slant. I'm not anti-religion for other people, so I try to just answer their questions without criticizing the belief. I don't want them to be ignorant when other kids mention it and I don't want them to put other kids down for believing something we don't.
                    Mom of 3, Veterinarian

Comment

We're in no way religious, but our kids absolutely love VT, too. And they're not heavy, at all.

Comment

oh my gosh I LOVE veggies. I had a huge collection before I even started having kids because they are so great! Not too heavy for 2 1/2 year olds. Mine watches them all the time. My favorite is A Snoodles Tale. The Wizard of Has is really good too. A loves the new Princess one, I can't remember what it's called. And the silly songs with Larry cds are hilarious. They are great at having adult and kid humor but never gross adult humor. Just frikin hilarious.
                        -Mommy, FM wife, Disney Planner and Hoosier

Comment

Alrighty thanks everyone, that was very helpful! Off to amazon to pick out a few DVDs for her!

Comment

Working...
                          X