Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Baby Apps?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Baby Apps?

So after lots of years dealing with my "dumb phone", I finally got my own smart phone (I have a work blackberry)! I was due for an upgrade and an iPhone 4 is only $50 now with an upgrade (the 4s is like $150). I just received it today and I'm SO excited!

I'm new to the world of apps since we aren't allowed to download anything on our work phones but I hear that there's lots of great baby apps out there. Anyone have any suggestions? I'll also take recommendations on awesome apps in general since I have a feeling that I'll be playing on it while nursing a lot after the first few weeks.
    Married to a Urology Attending! (that is an understated exclamation point)
    Mama to C (Jan 2012), D (Nov 2013), and R (April 2016). Consulting and homeschooling are my day jobs.

Tapatalk! That's why I've been posting so much even though I'm behind on everything else...keeps me sane while nursing.

Theres also a few contraction counting apps but I didnt find them all that helpful. My labor didn't fit the "guidelines" at all.
    Married to a newly minted Pediatric Rad, momma to a sweet girl and a bunch of (mostly) cute boy monsters.

Comment

What's Tapatalk?
      Married to a Urology Attending! (that is an understated exclamation point)
      Mama to C (Jan 2012), D (Nov 2013), and R (April 2016). Consulting and homeschooling are my day jobs.

Comment

App for viewing the forums...so much easier than safari. I'm on it now. Also makes it easy to post gratuitous pics of your newborn
        Married to a newly minted Pediatric Rad, momma to a sweet girl and a bunch of (mostly) cute boy monsters.

Comment

I also had "Full Term" - a contraction counter, but didn't start contracting until I was on pit

I like "Eat, Sleep" for a free eat, poop, sleep tracker, but stopped using it because it was causing me a lot of anxiety.

I created a Google Reader button on my phone. I use that, Tapatalk, Facebook, and Solitaire about 90% of the time
          Jen
          Wife of a PGY-4 orthopod, momma to 2 DDs, caretaker of a retired race-dog, Hawkeye!

Comment

I love Total Baby to track baby stuff. It is great for nursing - makes it easy to check the last side you nursed on, and it tracks frequency and duration. There's a timer for the start of the last feeding, which is great in the beginning when you need to remember when to wake them to feed.

It also tracks diaper changes - helpful in the beginning to see if you're having enough, fun later to get a grand total.

It tracks sleep, which I loved for DS with all his sleep issues. I haven't used it for DD, since she just tends to sleep whenever she is tired. (Imagine that!)

There's a bath timer, not so useful, but I still enter it. It has a miscellaneous timer that you can customize - great for tracking medicine. You can also enter doctors appointments, vaccines, and measurements (height, weight) and view your baby's growth chart against the CDC and WHO charts.

Finally, you can enter milestones and pictures into it.

Can't say enough good things about it. Great app! I forget how much it cost; I think it was a little pricey, but definitely worth it to me!

Laurie
            Laurie
            My team: DH (anesthesiologist), DS (9), DD (8)

Comment

Oh, I thought you meant apps for the baby to the enjoy. Seriously. LOL.

I just uploaded a bunch of alleged speech apps for the toddler but I'm not impressed. He doesn't mimic the speech but had tried to say something close to "Ipad". That is an improvement to his speech. I finally put it up because I refuse to have another die hard gamer in the house.

Carry on with original topic.....
              In my dreams I run with the Kenyans.

Comment

Working...
              X