Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

When to stop school?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When to stop school?

So April 9th is DH's last day and our plan is to have the movers come Tuesday/Wednesday to pack us up and then we will leave town Thursday morning.

A has preschool M/W/F so do I let her go clear through the 11th which is a Wednesday? Her Spring Break ends March 30th so after Spring Break she'll have 5 days of class if we leave her through the 11th.

I'm really trying to do a better job of protecting her with this move. I want her to be excited to move home but she's probably going to be school-less until at least summer if I can find her a summer program if not all the way until Fall. I'm going to try to get her back into her dance classes as soon as we get to KC but she's going to miss her recital here (its not until late June) and I don't know if a new studio in KC will let her participate in the May/June recitals if she's only been there a month or two (??)

Anyway, I'm wondering if I take her out of school at Spring Break or if that will make the last two weeks really hard on her? Or do I send special treats on the 11th as a goodbye to Adele (I'll talk to her teacher of course)? I just don't know what to do
    Wife to NSG out of training, mom to 2, 10 & 8, and a beagle with wings.

if she loves school, I would send her and do the treat thing. It will help keep some routine before her routine disappears. You might also need it with last minute moving stuff. But that's just imho... You have to do what you think is best for her.
    -L.Jane

Wife to a wonderful General Surgeon
    Mom to a sweet but stubborn boy born April 2014
    Rock Chalk Jayhawk GO KU!!!

Comment

Originally posted by L.Jane View Post
      if she loves school, I would send her and do the treat thing. It will help keep some routine before her routine disappears. You might also need it with last minute moving stuff. But that's just imho... You have to do what you think is best for her.
      I agree with this. You might need/want the time and she will already sense change and might want to hold onto her routine as long as possible.
      Wife to PGY4 & Mother of 3.

Comment

I completely agree.
        -Deb
        Wife to EP, just trying to keep up with my FOUR busy kids!

Comment

I had a friend who pulled her kids from MDO 4 weeks early bc they were moving. They were here on MDO days, though-- finishing up with movers etc etc. She actually regretted not letting the older one keep going (she was 4 and loved MDO- it was her only preschool type thing). It made the process harder on this girl- she knew she was missing playtime with her friends and teachers.
          Peggy

Aloha from paradise! And the other side of training!

Comment

I agree about letting her stay in school as long as possible. In terms of dance, being in a recital in KS is unlikely because costume deposits are usually due in Nov/Dec. Plus the class should know the entire number by the end of April. Try to go to the recitals of the studios you are considering to get a feel for the studio and quality of dancer they produce.
            Tara
            Married 20 years to MD/PhD in year 3 of MFM fellowship. SAHM to five wonderful children (#6 due in August), a sweet GSD named Bella, a black lab named Toby, and 1 guinea pig.

Comment

Yes, forgot about the recital fees - in fact I have to see if I'm going to be able to get mine back, probably not.
              Wife to NSG out of training, mom to 2, 10 & 8, and a beagle with wings.

Comment

I would also vote for keeping her in school as long as possible. The normalcy will be good for her and while you are very excited to move home, in her mind, HOME is in MN, not KS...
                Kris

Comment

Definitely keep her with her friends as along as possible.
                  Luanne
                  wife, mother, nurse practitioner

"You have not converted a man because you have silenced him." (John, Viscount Morely, On Compromise, 1874)

Comment

Working...
                  X