Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Bumbo Seat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bumbo Seat

I bought a Bumbo seat today. DH says he read they are dangerous. I told him we won't be putting the seat on top of a table. He still disagrees with them. Isn't he out of his mind?
    Needs

I think like any other child thing as long as you don't leave them Unattended they are fine. I used them With mine.
    Wife to NSG out of training, mom to 2, 10 & 8, and a beagle with wings.

Comment

I LOVE the Bumbo! As long as it's being used properly(duh) I think that they are totally safe! If you were going to use it as a place to nap, or a table top sitting thing, or putting an infant in it for hours, that might be bad. well....that would definitely be bad. Anyway, YES out of his mind. totally loopy. bumbo=awesome
      -Mommy, FM wife, Disney Planner and Hoosier

Comment

Uh oh...news to me!
        Married to a newly minted Pediatric Rad, momma to a sweet girl and a bunch of (mostly) cute boy monsters.

Comment

We love our Bumbo I haven't heard anything except the table-top issues...

DH refuses to let me use the Moby because he feels it's dangerous...to each their own!
          Jen
          Wife of a PGY-4 orthopod, momma to 2 DDs, caretaker of a retired race-dog, Hawkeye!

Comment

It's one of those things where I say "just ignore and get one!" M still likes to sit in hers!
            married to an anesthesia attending

Comment

Oops, just reread. "Ignore, and keep!".
              married to an anesthesia attending

Comment

The caution that I heard with Bumbos was related to hip and spine positioning when they are seated in it. Something about their joints being too flexible and the way they are positioned puts stress in the wrong spots. But I've heard similar cautions about walkers and activity centers and Baby Bjorns. So take that FWIW. (IMHO I bet it's only a problem in babies who have a predisposition to bad joint development.)
                Mom of 3, Veterinarian

Comment

Funny, our physical therapist loaned us one for K1 when he was treated for tortacollis. Never cautioned us about positioning.
                  Wife and #1 Fan of Attending Adult & Geriatric Psychiatrist.

Comment

It's probably an overhyped "concern"....I just wanted to throw out what I've heard bc it was different than the other cautions.
                    Mom of 3, Veterinarian

Comment

Originally posted by Michele View Post
                      It's probably an overhyped "concern"....I just wanted to throw out what I've heard bc it was different than the other cautions.

DH is talking about dislocated hips and broken legs resulting from the Bumbo. I really don't know where he is getting his info.
                      Needs

Comment

I thought this was a "must have" item... yes? no?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                        Living the Life of Intern Year...

Comment

For us it was a must have. We borrowed one for K1 and purchased one with a tray for $13 second-hand for K2. I think it is an over-priced item and most people will use it for only a few months. We used it a lot for feedings and sometimes for play time. During feedings, you do have to make sure you are rightthere if it's on a table top. K2 learned that he could "travel" in the bumbo if he rocked himself hard enough and frequently tried to climb out of it to reach things.
                          Wife and #1 Fan of Attending Adult & Geriatric Psychiatrist.

Comment

We liked ours, and did use it on the counter for feedings. Shouldn't have, and won't do it again with DD. Just too many what-ifs. We will use it on the floor, though. It's a great place to put them so they can see what you're doing and get a little more practice moving their heads around.

Laurie
                            Laurie
                            My team: DH (anesthesiologist), DS (9), DD (8)

Comment

It seems that EVERYTHING is dangerous these days. Honestly, if you google anything related to babies, you will find someone who says it's dangerous. I say, just do what makes you and your husband comfortable. I like the Bumbo because it's so easy to get the baby in and out of (no straps to do up!), plus I'm sure it's nice for the baby to be able to sit upright.

Comment

Working...
                              X