Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

What you can get done in 30mins with a toddler and what you can get done in 30 alone.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What you can get done in 30mins with a toddler and what you can get done in 30 alone.

I laughed so hard when I saw this. This is every morning with my 2yr old daughter who has proved to be, um, much more "spirited" than any of my 3 older boys.

Enjoy. xo

Story. Of. My. Life.
    Wife and #1 Fan of Attending Adult & Geriatric Psychiatrist.

Comment

Love it!

Laurie
      Laurie
      My team: DH (anesthesiologist), DS (9), DD (8)

Comment

So funny!

Comment

Ever so true.
          Wife to PGY4 & Mother of 3.

Comment

I started reading this, then had to go find DD (age 2), found her throwing oodles of toilet paper in the toilet, and came back to finish. That's my life.
            -Deb
            Wife to EP, just trying to keep up with my FOUR busy kids!

Comment

Deb! Yes. My 3yr old son went to wash his hands in our bathroom after dinner. He went in, came out as prompt as one could be. We rarely use that washroom (it's the "kids" washroom) and the next morning I went in to find that he'd filled the sink with water, and plopped in 2 full rolls of toilet paper.

My two littles are exceptionally mischievous (i'd rather use this term, than naughty.. because they are just little and curious...) and being so close in age, egg one another on.
              If they were my first two, i'd probably have had a stroke by now. But now... water off of a ducks back! lol

Here is a video clip of the two of them last Spring. I was in the adjacent room brushing my teeth. They were alone for all of about 2 mins. Usually they just play quietly. This day (when we had to be at a party in 30 mins), not so much. If you can imagine me on the other end of the camera, wearing a silk dress, heels and my hair and makeup done. I was waiting for her curls to dry before putting her dress on.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nLU11BjtBDc
              Last edited by ms.conception; 02-03-2012, 05:53 PM. Reason: forgot the link.

Comment

That is hilarious, ms.conception!

Comment

LOL. I love this.

Kris
                  ~Mom of 5, married to an ID doc
                  ~A Rolling Stone Gathers No Moss

Comment

Oh my! That makes our recent attempt to put on nystatin ointment seem mild in comparison. I can't believe you didn't freak out or cry or drink heavily.
                    Kris

Comment

My kids are cracking up with me at your video! ha ha ha!
                      Veronica
                      Mother of two ballerinas and one wild boy

Comment

Oh my goodness, ms.conception -- understand that I can only say this because I don't have any children -- but that video is so stinkin cute!!! I giggled uncontrollably the entire time.
                        Wife of a surgical fellow; Mom to a busy toddler girl and 5 furballs (2 cats, 3 dogs)

Comment

When your little one stands up for the first time and you see that she's COVERED, omg, it's too much!!
                          Attorney, wife to EM attending, mom to two girls (ages 5 and 2)

Comment

Oh wow! That is too funny, although I'm sure you felt that sinking feeling at the time. So great that you grabbed the camera!

Laurie
                            Laurie
                            My team: DH (anesthesiologist), DS (9), DD (8)

Comment

I actually had to keep from laughing when I saw it. My kids have done some pretty... "creative" things, this one was a big one. It was EVERYWHERE. On her eyeballs even, it was so disgusting - and the most disturbing part is that she let him do it to her!
                              What you don't see is that the entire wall and her crib is covered in Desitin as well and it's VERY hard to get off. I ended up missing the party and having to call my mother in law to come over to help me and she ended up taking them to her place for the evening that day because after washing her for hours and then scrubbing her room down, I burst into tears.

If you ever experience this, I'll tell you now, Desitin does NOT come off. It took an entire box of baby wipes to get down to her skin, and then we washed and washed and washed her with Dawn dish detergent, and rinsing it with Coca-cola. Yes. we found that trick online (apparently I don't have the only toddlers who have done this...). The coke cuts through the grease of the desitin and the Dawn helps as well. However... the Desitin didn't come out of her hair for weeks. It was stringy and grey and smelled like old fish because the Desitin is made with Cod Liver Oil. People in the grocery store looked at me as though I had never bathed her. It was awful. Needless to say we keep it a little higher up now.

Comment

Working...
                              X