Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

More poop issues...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• More poop issues...

It seems like there has been a string of poopy issues lately Here's another...A is 3 months old. She's exclusively breastfed. On Sunday, Monday, and Tuesday, she was having pasty yellow stool - not runny at all. Now she is entering 48 hours since a BM. She has also been having the worst (adult-smelling) gas. Any suggestions from the masses?
    Jen
    Wife of a PGY-4 orthopod, momma to 2 DDs, caretaker of a retired race-dog, Hawkeye!

Don't worry.

That's my advice.

Seriously though, none of my exclusively breastfed babies had consistent poop. Most of the time it was that seedy mustard stuff. But randomly it would change or cease for a week or whatever. If they acted mostly normal, I didn't fret about it. Because really what are you going to do to fix their poop? And why?
    Mom of 3, Veterinarian

Comment

I remember random weird poops from my boys (all exclusuvely breastfed) including some fairly long stretches (longer than 48 hrs) with no poop but lots of gas. I had a pretty relaxed pediatrician at the time who predicted it would all come out fine in the end. It did.
      Wife of an OB/Gyn, mom to three boys, middle school choir teacher.

"I don't know when Dad will be home."

Comment

Could it be something that you ate that is disagreeing with her?

My niece used to go 10-14 days between poops. It was awful. She could clear a room so fast!
        Kris

Comment

Sweet! Sometimes mommy just needs to be told to chill Exactly, Michele - what to do and why...beats the heck outta me!

Kris - I don't think it's related to my diet since I pretty much eat the same variety of stuff all the time (and have cut out my big 4 sources of dairy - milk, cheese, yogurt, and ice cream)!

Off to find something else to stress about
          Jen
          Wife of a PGY-4 orthopod, momma to 2 DDs, caretaker of a retired race-dog, Hawkeye!

Comment

Seriously, not a big deal. It's probably something that isn't agreeing with her system that you ate. DD1 had the worst gas ever whenever I consumed garlic, onions, or tomatoes -- all of which are favorites. I eventually developed a disgustingly bland diet while breastfeeding her due to eliminating foods that gave her an upset tummy.

Comment

Working...
            X