Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

No sleeping unless held?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ladymoreta View Post
    I love our white noise machine. It stays on all night with no breaks in the sound. DS will wake up within seconds of us turning his off if we need to wake him, and DD is already learning that it means sleepy time. http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B000F3...0396402&sr=8-1
    Yep, I think I'm going to need to get one of those. I have to run the oscillating fan in her room constantly now and I'm sure the electricity adds up. Not to mention my weird fear of blowing dust into the air.... I had no luck finding one that stayed on at Buy Buy Baby! THANKS!
    -Mommy, FM wife, Disney Planner and Hoosier

Comment

Originally posted by MrsK View Post
      FWIW, every time I get frustrated about K2 sleeping on me and thinking that I have other things to do, I take a deep breath and remind myself that infancy is so fleeting. Soon our babies will be grown and out of our arms. Slow down and savor this time, enjoy their soft skin, reasted bodies, baby bellies, baby snores... Then consider whether that other thing you need to do is more important than this moment. Holding your sleeping child is one of life's sweet pleasures and you will miss this time. I know it sounds cliche but seriously, I miss my kids when they sleep at night and I'm surprised by how beautiful they are every single morning.
      I know this is true especially since I'm going back to work in a few weeks. I only need like one hour a week because I'm getting horrifically behind on thank you notes! It's not even so I can sleep!
      Married to a Urology Attending! (that is an understated exclamation point)
      Mama to C (Jan 2012), D (Nov 2013), and R (April 2016). Consulting and homeschooling are my day jobs.

Comment

Hang in there! It will get easier soon! Have you tried putting her in the crib, awake and seeing if she falls asleep on her own? I know, it's unlikely at her age. I think you're right that a dark room might help. Apparently, babies are more sensitive to light than adults. Swaddling, pacifier, swing- all of these things could be helpful, as everyone has mentioned. It's all trial and error at this point. You'll soon figure out what works for your baby. I recommend reading "Healthy Sleep Habits, Happy Child", as there is so much useful general information about sleep in there.

Comment

That book has been recommended so many times...I need to check it out
          Married to a newly minted Pediatric Rad, momma to a sweet girl and a bunch of (mostly) cute boy monsters.

Comment

Had to add mine... She fell asleep on me while I was eating lunch.

Laurie
            My team: DH (anesthesiologist), DS (9), DD (8)

Comment

Originally posted by ladymoreta View Post
              Had to add mine... She fell asleep on me while I was eating lunch.
              Cute!
              Veronica
              Mother of two ballerinas and one wild boy

Comment

Too sweet! Glad we're not the only ones rocking the bib
                Jen
                Wife of a PGY-4 orthopod, momma to 2 DDs, caretaker of a retired race-dog, Hawkeye!

Comment

Oh yeah - you'd think she never digested any milk if she weren't getting so big! I swear more comes out than goes in!
                  Laurie
                  My team: DH (anesthesiologist), DS (9), DD (8)

Comment

Working...
                  X