Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

baby bath question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• baby bath question

What did you ladies do when your babies outgrew the infant bath, but were not sitting well enough for them to be safe in the big bath? My daughter is almost 7 months, and I'm still using the infant bath but she is way too big for it. She can sit unsupported but frequently falls over, so I'm really nervous about trying her in the big bath. Any tips?

The kitchen sink is the best place for baths!

ETA: Put a few big thristy towels down first to give baby a soft place to sit, she will love it!
    Last edited by Pollyanna; 04-24-2012, 05:34 PM.
    Tara
    Married 20 years to MD/PhD in year 3 of MFM fellowship. SAHM to five wonderful children (#6 due in August), a sweet GSD named Bella, a black lab named Toby, and 1 guinea pig.

Comment

It depended on the kid (and probably the house because we were in different houses for all three of the kids at that age). For DD #1, we used a bath seat. It hooked to the side of the tub and had a big chair for her to sit in. Our kitchen sink was a split sink and she wouldn't have fit.
      For DS, we did use the kitchen sink, and that did work best, but we had a huge, deep sink with a detachable sprayer on the faucet.
      For DD#2, I shoved her in the tub with both other kids and had her older sister hold her. When she wasn't available, I took her in with me.
      -Deb
      Wife to EP, just trying to keep up with my FOUR busy kids!

Comment

We did the bath seat.
        Veronica
        Mother of two ballerinas and one wild boy

Comment

#1 we bathed in the sink forever, #2 we lived in a different apt where that wouldn't work and we got a bath seat. They're a good thing to acquire used, if you can, and putting a washcloth between their butt and the seat will keep them from sliding around so much in there (it took me way too long to figure that out!)
          Married to a hematopathologist seven years out of training.
          Raising three girls, 11, 9, and 2.

“That was the thing about the world: it wasn't that things were harder than you thought they were going to be, it was that they were hard in ways that you didn't expect.”
          Lev Grossman, The Magician King

Comment

We had one of those big sponges that I put in the tub and then put the baby on. They were hard to wring out, but worked well otherwise.
            Wife of an OB/Gyn, mom to three boys, middle school choir teacher.

"I don't know when Dad will be home."

Comment

We used this: http://www.amazon.com/Munchkin-White.../dp/B000066665

I placed it inside the big tub (and filled it using a detachable shower head). It worked really well for us!
              Wife to a urologist; Mom to 2 wonderful kiddos

Comment

We sat our youngest in the tub on a non-skid tub mat and just held on to her arm or had a supportive hand on her back. Baths were quick and there wasn't much playing until she could sit up on her own.

We did the sink for our first but that wouldn't work in this house.
                Cranky Wife to a Peds EM in private practice. Mom to 5 girls - 1 in Heaven and 4 running around in princess shoes.

Comment

We use the kitchen sink with a towel underneath her as well. She loves it and it works just great!
                  -Mommy, FM wife, Disney Planner and Hoosier

Comment

We switched to showers. No decent sink and the tub is 70+ years and nasty. Showers are really convenient and quick too. But they are slippery little buggers. DH stands beside the shower to spot me and take her in and out
                    Married to a newly minted Pediatric Rad, momma to a sweet girl and a bunch of (mostly) cute boy monsters.

Comment

Kitchen sink. Never even owned a baby bath.

Comment

Originally posted by Urowife View Post
                        We used this: http://www.amazon.com/Munchkin-White.../dp/B000066665

I placed it inside the big tub (and filled it using a detachable shower head). It worked really well for us!
                        That's what we used, too! DS loved it!
                        Laurie
                        My team: DH (anesthesiologist), DS (9), DD (8)

Comment

I get in with her or shower with her. I sit down with her in the shower if I feel nervous about her slipperiness (seems to depend on the day for me). I help her sit up between my legs to soap her up. Also, I leave a towel hung up over the shower so I turn the water off, wrap her up and dry her off, and once she's dry and snuggled, I put her on our bath mat while I dry off (although I'm often relatively dry since I've been holding her with a towel for a while). In this way, I can shower without DH around with her.
                          Married to a Urology Attending! (that is an understated exclamation point)
                          Mama to C (Jan 2012), D (Nov 2013), and R (April 2016). Consulting and homeschooling are my day jobs.

Comment

Great ideas! Thanks! I like the inflatable duck tub! Cute!

Comment

Working...
                            X