Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Overnight diaper help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Overnight diaper help

We use overnight pull-ups, and dd breaks out in oozing lesions. Diaper rash cream doesn't even help, so she goes bottomless as much as possible. My sense is that we've got a bad batch, but I think I've got to try finding some sort of sensitive pull-up or nighttime solution for her. Does that exist? I looked up seventh generation in a 4t for overnight and they do exist but I can't find any stores that sell them. Even though i live where there's the largest congregation of earth moms!
    married to an anesthesia attending

I don't know. S has a super sensitive bottom too and often has some sort of rash.
    Kris

Comment

Dd can't even wear most bandaids by now, because she's allergic to the adhesive. Waaahhhhh!

Comment

The biggest help for S has been changing the soap I use in get bottom to something that has tea tree oil in it because it has anti bacterial properties.
        Kris

Comment

Amazon Mom to order them?
          Married to a Urology Attending! (that is an understated exclamation point)
          Mama to C (Jan 2012), D (Nov 2013), and R (April 2016). Consulting and homeschooling are my day jobs.

Comment

Or diapers.com if you want a single pack to try? You can combine your cart with soap.com to get free shipping. I lurve soap.com.
            Alison

Comment

I misread the overnight diapers that 7th generation makes. It's size 4, not 4t. My kid pees a lot at night. She comes down the stairs in the morning with a sagging diaper. I'd limit her fluid intake before she goes to bed IF she were a better eater. She gets a lot of liquid calories just before bed. Looks like my other option is Huggies Overnites.
              Kids by now are supposed to be able to start peeing on the potty at night if they have to go. Mine just sleeps through it all!

I do have the best sleeper in the world. 9:30am if I let her....

Thanks for the advice!

Comment

My cousin's son had the same issue (sleeping through). It took him a long time to develop that skill.
                Jen
                Wife of a PGY-4 orthopod, momma to 2 DDs, caretaker of a retired race-dog, Hawkeye!

Comment

We love Huggies Overnites. I haven't found anything else that can contain my heavy wetters, and we also use those doublers I linked to a few weeks ago. I wonder, though, if you wanted to keep using your brand, maybe using a disposable diaper liner (like Flip) could help with the irritation? It would be a different type of material right next to her skin, so it might help with the sores?
                  Laurie
                  My team: DH (anesthesiologist), DS (9), DD (8)

Comment

We've tried out Huggies Overnites, and so far, so good!

Comment

Working...
                    X