Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Freaking out about new daycare...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think you are right to trust your gut. If you think she was overwhelmed by the children in her care, you may be right.
    I freely admit that sometimes I'm overwhelmed by my own 5 kids ... but I'm not offering to be paid to watch other people's children. I think we also all have different comfort levels when it comes to chaos and what we are comfortable with. I'm definitely more comfortable with chaos than some of you might be ... and I've had my own 2 year old escape out onto the street ... but I'm not sure that I would feel comfortable with it happening at my childcare provider's house. Double standard? Totally.

That being said, when I worked at the preschool this year, there were days that I was charged with 10 preschool children for 2 hours on my own. No one died. Just kidding ... it was manageable ... and we had fun .... but no one was climbing on anything and there was control.

You've made the best choice for you and your little one!

Kris
    Last edited by PrincessFiona; 08-09-2013, 07:26 PM.
    ~Mom of 5, married to an ID doc
    ~A Rolling Stone Gathers No Moss

Comment

Originally posted by PrincessFiona View Post

Michele, when my kids' 1st grade teacher came over to the house for the first time, Aidan (then 2)shocked her by leaping off of the sofa multiple times. It was quite an impression. I'll never forget her turning to me and saying "I'm not having that one "(in her 1st grade class). She did and they adored each other

kris
      I cannot believe that a 1st grade teacher would be shocked by that! My kids do that all.the.time. Flying leaps from the coffee table onto the sofa.
      Wife and #1 Fan of Attending Adult & Geriatric Psychiatrist.

Comment

I don't know why, Emily. I think part of it is that he has always looked much younger than he is because he is so little ... and the couch jumping? Holy buckets was he a pro. LOL He was this teeny-tiny two year old hurling himself to the floor and then leaping back on to do it again. She is a great 1st grade teacher but runs a tight ship ... Fortunately, Aidan outgrew his need for airplane speed in time to settle in to his desk for 1st grade (read: there is hope!)!
        ~Mom of 5, married to an ID doc
        ~A Rolling Stone Gathers No Moss

Comment

Working...
        X