Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Birthday Party ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Birthday Party ?

So R is turning 4 in November - last spring we won him a firehouse birthday party - at the actual firehouse with actual firemen and firetrucks which they don't do here. The issue is that its limited to 10 kids - Him, A, his good friend C and his big sister E plus my niece K makes 5. There are only 7 other kids in his preschool class so that would make 12 but there is also a family of 2, one A's age one R's age who have always invited my two to both of their parties - like this weekend the younger one is turning 4 and both kids are invited (and going). So if I invite them that means I'm inviting 14.

So do I risk inviting 14 and hope some don't come? I mean I don't suppose they're going to make a huge issue out of it I just don't want to take advantage of it and then not have the firehouse donate the same thing to the same charity next year...maybe 11am on a Sunday will make some of his catholic classmates not come...
    Wife to NSG out of training, mom to 2, 10 & 8, and a beagle with wings.

Call the firehouse and ask if you can pay out of pocket for an additional four children. I'm sure it won't be an issue.
    Tara
    Married 20 years to MD/PhD in year 3 of MFM fellowship. SAHM to five wonderful children (#6 due in August), a sweet GSD named Bella, a black lab named Toby, and 1 guinea pig.

Comment

I'm sure there will be some folks that won't come. Alternatively, would you consider inviting his friends outside of school and then doing something else like cupcakes for his class? His schoolmates don't have to know that there was a party.
      Wife and #1 Fan of Attending Adult & Geriatric Psychiatrist.

Comment

I can't believe our babies our nearly 4. Continue on....
        Wife to PGY5. Mommy to baby girl born 11/2009. Cat mommy since 2002
        "“If you don't know where you are going any road can take you there”"

Comment

The issue is that because this is his first year of school he really only has two friends outside of school. I'll call the captain and see what he says, I know we will have more then enough adults.

Comment

How much pizza do I get? I'm looking at 15 kids (most 3-4yrs old, a few in the 5-6 range) and 15-20 adults. Party is from 11-12:30. I suspect a lot of the adults won't eat, but I could be wrong...I probably should have enough for the firemen too...

Comment

I'd get at least 3 pizzas, probably 4 so that at least the firefighters could have a piece. I'd also bring a veggie and fruit tray. And when we visited the firehouse with kids that age we brought stuff for the firefighters too--- cookies, pasta, stuff like that. We called first to ask what kind of stuff they could use.

Sounds like a very fun party!
              Peggy

Aloha from paradise! And the other side of training!

Comment

I'd vote 6-7 pizzas, but it depends how many slices each pizza produce. I'd likely figure one piece per adult and child and then add on about half that number for those that eat two slices. So you need a minimum of 45 slices and that is without the firemen. So add another 10 slices. I agree about a fruit/veggie tray. If you have left over pizza just leave it for the firehouse. Have a blast!!
                Tara
                Married 20 years to MD/PhD in year 3 of MFM fellowship. SAHM to five wonderful children (#6 due in August), a sweet GSD named Bella, a black lab named Toby, and 1 guinea pig.

Comment

I was planning on taking two fruit trays or a big fruit bowl. Plus there will be pizza and cake balls. I suppose the good thing about over ordering is we can always leave the leftovers with the firemen...

Comment

I think a lot of the adults will eat at least a little, since it's over the lunch hour. My kids at age 4 could maybe have 1 piece, but by 6-7 often they are 2-3 pieces.

Good luck!! No one would really care if you ran out of pizza. There's never enough time to eat at kid parties anyway.
                    Peggy

Aloha from paradise! And the other side of training!

Comment

Working...
                    X