Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Baby Clothes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Baby Clothes

DS has grown out of most of his 0-3 month clothes at 6 weeks. He has gone from 20 to 23 inches since birth. I need to stock up on 3-6 month clothes but don't want to get too much if he keeps growing at this rate. I also need to keep in mind sessons. It will be cold until April here.
    I'm guessing there are more growth spurts in the first 3 months and the next size might last a bit longer!? I think the little two piece outfits last longer so will get more of those. Any suggestions on brands that are bigger sized? I will probably buy most online.
    Student and Mom to an Oct 2013 boy
    Wife to Anesthesia Critical Care attending

I have no brand specific advice but I opted for footless clothes a lot instead of footie outfits. They are more forgiving in terms of length so even if they're a little short, you just put on socks and go for it. DD was 21.5 inches at birth but only 7.7 lbs so she was basically already in 3-6 mo clothes but she was so skinny! Footless stuff is slightly harder to find but worth it in my opinion.
    Married to a Urology Attending! (that is an understated exclamation point)
    Mama to C (Jan 2012), D (Nov 2013), and R (April 2016). Consulting and homeschooling are my day jobs.

Comment

Gymboree runs big and currently has a great sale online. Don't forget to go through ebates.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Comment

Carters tends to run small. At 6 weeks, my boys mostly wore sleepers. One pieces with feet are ok but stay away from footed pants. Those never fit in the legs and waist at the same time.
        Wife and #1 Fan of Attending Adult & Geriatric Psychiatrist.

Comment

Great, will look for footless. He's been wearing mostly one pieces but outgrew them quickly. Carters do seem small. I will check out Gymboree. Shopping is terrible here and Carters is pretty much the only brand I can get.

Comment

Carter's also shrinks horribly. Do you have a Target? We've always been happy with those. Also, Gymboree is 40% off today. Their quality isn't as good as it used to be, but most items have made it through 2-3 kids in our family. It might not seem important now, but might be in the future.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
            -Deb
            Wife to EP, just trying to keep up with my FOUR busy kids!

Comment

We don't even have a Target!! Crazy. I have been trying to buy stuff I can use again. Makes sense when they get so little wear out of them.

Comment

Carters tends to run small.
                Yes, definitely.

It's so hard to know how fast they will grow. Until N hit 3T at 2 years old, she was essentially in a size double her age. (12 month size at 6 months old, etc) We went through a lot of clothes in year 1.
                Married to a newly minted Pediatric Rad, momma to a sweet girl and a bunch of (mostly) cute boy monsters.

Comment

Originally posted by SoonerTexan View Post
                  Yes, definitely.

It's so hard to know how fast they will grow. Until N hit 3T at 2 years old, she was essentially in a size double her age. (12 month size at 6 months old, etc) We went through a lot of clothes in year 1.
                  I think it could be the same for C. I will see how many clothes I have now and stick to that amount. I'd rather wash them all every 3 days than buy a lot of clothes that last a month, such a waste. I still don't understand how such tiny clothes are so expensive.

Comment

We're stocking up on clothes now because despite all the clothes we ended up with, we had very few in newborn size.
                    Allison - professor; wife to a urology attending; mom to baby girl E (11/13), baby boy C (2/16), and a spoiled cat; knitter and hoarder of yarn; photographer

Comment

DD was like that at first and she's slowed down a bit. You just never know how they will grow. She was 90th percentile thru her first year and is now tracking in the 60s. The little sizes are the least worth it to truly stock up on but you'll get to ages and stages where they can wear stuff for a while. Summer was like that for us - she definitely outgrew a lot of her summer dresses by the end but summer goes until October here and we just let her wear short/tight dresses.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                      Married to a Urology Attending! (that is an understated exclamation point)
                      Mama to C (Jan 2012), D (Nov 2013), and R (April 2016). Consulting and homeschooling are my day jobs.

Comment

DD1: She's 2 years old, and she is just starting to wear 2T/18-24 mo clothes, but she could still really fit in 18mo stuff (the pants were just getting short)
                        DD2: 4.5mo, currently in 9mo sleepers (bigfoot), just about ready for 9mo everything else.

I actually consigned all of my footed pants long ago, because like MrsK said - they never fit right! Plus, when putting pants on squirmy littles, I like to get a couple fingers into the leg to pull the foot through. No bueno! I do occasionally check their growth charts when people ask about clothing for XX upcoming event. I'm no magician, people! At least I can get a bit of an idea about where they'll be.
                        Jen
                        Wife of a PGY-4 orthopod, momma to 2 DDs, caretaker of a retired race-dog, Hawkeye!

Comment

We buy a lot of Carter's, and just buy up a size when they start getting small. I can usually find the best deals on them with coupon codes and ebates, and they seem to hold up well. Granted, we haven't reused them for another child. I get similar prices at Old Navy. Sadly, Gymboree isn't on Ebates anymore, but you can get a ton of 20% off coupons if you're on their mailing/email list. Their clothes would definitely last through more than one kid.
                          Laurie
                          My team: DH (anesthesiologist), DS (9), DD (8)

Comment

You could try BabyGap in the next week. I rarely buy full price stuff there, but their sales can be pretty good and there is always a lot of small stuff on the clearance racks. It wears well. (and is personally my favorite!)
                            Married to a newly minted Pediatric Rad, momma to a sweet girl and a bunch of (mostly) cute boy monsters.

Comment

I ended up getting a lot of clothes for DS in the sales, mostly from Old Navy (50% off everything sale) and Target. I tried to buy mostly footless pants and clothes that I can layer so they can be worn year round. Also glad to have the 4 sweaters my Mom knitted for him in this cold weather!

Comment

Working...
                              X