Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Sleep Stuff

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sleep Stuff

I think E has outgrown her SwaddleMe sacks in length, even though she's within several pounds of the weight limit. She regularly gets her hands free, and this morning she woke up with the sack halfway down her chest. So, I have to decide if I want to get some bigger ones, if I want to try something else like the magic sleep suit or hands-free swaddles, or if I want to go without. Any advice? She's almost 3 months and will still startle herself awake when she's not swaddled.
    Allison - professor; wife to a urology attending; mom to baby girl E (11/13), baby boy C (2/16), and a spoiled cat; knitter and hoarder of yarn; photographer

We have the miracle blanket. Works pretty well, although the swaddle me sacks actually worked better for N. I think it just depends on the kid, so it may be worth trying.
    Married to a newly minted Pediatric Rad, momma to a sweet girl and a bunch of (mostly) cute boy monsters.

Comment

I'd keep swaddling her. The Miracle Blanket was great, but my very tall girl outgrew them before she was done being swaddled. I had the best luck with Aden + Anais blankets doing a double swaddle. You can see how to do it on YouTube easier than I can describe it here. I waited until 6 or 9 months to stop swaddling both of mine. They liked it, and it helped with the startling.
      Laurie
      My team: DH (anesthesiologist), DS (9), DD (8)

Comment

I'd swaddle for as long as possible. But, if you decide to switch it up, we loved our Magic Sleep Suit. It was a great solution for us when DS was too big to be swaddled.

Comment

We used the Miracle Blanket too...that thing was awesome.

Comment

Another nod for the Miracle Blanket.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

We used the miracle blanket with my daughter, and it worked great. When she got too tall for it, I just left her legs out of the pouch, and continued to wrap her arms.

However, my son hated it. We used the woombie with him, and he loved it, and I loved it because it was so easy to use. Check them out: http://www.woombie.com
              Wife to a urologist; Mom to 2 wonderful kiddos

Comment

We used the SwaddleMes, and I loved them. I stopped swaddling at about 5 months (cold turkey), and moved H into a custom sleep sack that a friend makes (A stopped swaddling in the summer and was too hot!).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                Jen
                Wife of a PGY-4 orthopod, momma to 2 DDs, caretaker of a retired race-dog, Hawkeye!

Comment

We shifted E's bedtime routine tonight - we were putting her down at 8:30 after cluster feeding in the evening (3:30, 5:30, 7, and 8:30), but she was so fussy and tired at 8:30 that she would barely eat. Tonight we pushed back the 7 feed to 7:30 and put her down right after that, and she fell asleep right away. I'll do a dream feed around 8:30-9:30 to make sure she still sleeps through the night, but hopefully this will help with our fussy evenings. Plus hubby is glad he doesn't have to stay up until 8:30-9ish with her anymore.
                  Allison - professor; wife to a urology attending; mom to baby girl E (11/13), baby boy C (2/16), and a spoiled cat; knitter and hoarder of yarn; photographer

Comment

It's a lovely thing to get evenings back!! Both of mine are early-to-bed, early-to-rise, but they stayed up so late the first few months.
                    Wife to PGY4 & Mother of 3.

Comment

Good luck!!!
                      Laurie
                      My team: DH (anesthesiologist), DS (9), DD (8)

Comment

Dreamfeed was a success, now we just have to see whether she continues to sleep until 6:30 - if so, this will be 11 hours of sleep (not counting the waking just enough to feed)!

Comment

It's amazing how an earlier bedtime can be a game changer. Yay!!!
                          Tara
                          Married 20 years to MD/PhD in year 3 of MFM fellowship. SAHM to five wonderful children (#6 due in August), a sweet GSD named Bella, a black lab named Toby, and 1 guinea pig.

Comment

Well we had a wonderful evening and then things went downhill. She woke up at 1:30 and couldn't be quickly soothed, so I fed her, changed her diaper, and put her in the swing. I realize one wake in the middle of the night for a 3 month old is nothing, but she's been sleeping through the night for weeks. She did have her hand out of the swaddle again, so hopefully the new one I got will help tonight. Otherwise, I'm hoping for either a one-time thing or a very brief regression!

Comment

Working...
                            X