Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Cough in 4 year old

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cough in 4 year old

R has a cough that he can't shake, I'm pretty positive it's due to a cold or allergies that are causing his sinus to drain down his throat, yuck! Anybody know of anything I can give him, he's only 4...I called the ped but they haven't called back and I'd really like him to get some sleep tonight and me too!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Wife to NSG out of training, mom to 2, 10 & 8, and a beagle with wings.

Have you tried benadryl?
    -Deb
    Wife to EP, just trying to keep up with my FOUR busy kids!

Comment

I haven't but will try that at bedtime if I haven't heard back from the doc

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

There's that Similisan cough syrup. It's homeopathic and I don't think that aspect does much, but I think the "throat coat" aspect of it calmed Ns cough down a few times.

Actually, I swear you recommended it a few years ago??
        Married to a newly minted Pediatric Rad, momma to a sweet girl and a bunch of (mostly) cute boy monsters.

Comment

I did and we tried that last night, it didn't really help I think if it was a dry cough it would.

Comment

We always swear by Delsym. Sorry he's feeling bad and it won't go away. Viruses this year seem to last forever.

Angie
            Angie
            Gyn-Onc fellowship survivor - 10 years out of the training years; reluctant suburbanite
            Mom to DS (18) and DD (15) (and many many pets)

"Where are we going - and what am I doing in this handbasket?"

Comment

Our CVS recently started carrying this natural brand Matty's. They have a chest rub and nose balm (applied with qtip to inside). My kids hate any oral medication, so these have been a life saver.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Sheherezade View Post
                We always swear by Delsym. Sorry he's feeling bad and it won't go away. Viruses this year seem to last forever.

Angie
                We used Delsym and a humidifier for a persistent cough. Together, they worked really well!
                married to an anesthesia attending

Comment

PSA on Delsym for our family. It works great for the cough (amazing really), but made our kids craaaaazy. Complete personality changes.

I'd go with Benadryl and then switch to a non drowsy option for seasonal allergies once you get the rec from your doc.

Hope you had a better night last night!
                  Tara
                  Married 20 years to MD/PhD in year 3 of MFM fellowship. SAHM to five wonderful children (#6 due in August), a sweet GSD named Bella, a black lab named Toby, and 1 guinea pig.

Comment

Last night was definitely better, thanks for the help gang.

Comment

Glad he's getting better! We've never found anything effective outside of a humidifier, and even then. :/ my kids love a spoonful of honey as a remedy but I'm onto them. I tried it and pffft.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                      X