Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Where do you buy diapers?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where do you buy diapers?

My sil gave me one of these: https://www.honest.com/baby/diaper-cakes

I bought some more, and while they're adorable, quality-wise they're just meh. The wipes are great though.

Anyway, I'm not spending 30 cents/diaper. Especially when C continues to poo while I'm changing her. We went through 4 diapers in one changing, because the poo kept coming! And that's $1.20 that literally gets shat into and thrown away.

So.... What and where do you buy your diapers? I'd love to buy in bulk, but on our neighborhood listserv there are constantly people trying to sell partial bulk packs. I hate it when babies grow and you're sitting on outgrown diapers.

What's your strategy for buying in bulk?
    married to an anesthesia attending

Amazon or Costco. Costco packs were too big until we got to size 2. (J is already in size 3) I've been buying smaller bulk packs on Amazon of crunchy diapers because his booty is sensitive too.

We did try Costco brand for N recently because they were on sale (they are usually the same price as the Huggies) Not impressed. Multiple leaking incidents
    Married to a newly minted Pediatric Rad, momma to a sweet girl and a bunch of (mostly) cute boy monsters.

Comment

Amazon subscribe and save. We usually skip every third month for D and only order every other month on C's pull-ups. Diapers.com is pretty good too. But we do buy premium diapers (Pampers) so they're like $0.22-27 each. I'm not willing to deal with the leaking of cheaper diapers - I'm a brat. But we don't do daycare and don't change them that often (mine don't protest when wet) so honestly, we don't go thru that many. I'm a horrible inattentive parent when it comes to diaper changes.
      Married to a Urology Attending! (that is an understated exclamation point)
      Mama to C (Jan 2012), D (Nov 2013), and R (April 2016). Consulting and homeschooling are my day jobs.

Comment

Like T&S, we order Pampers from Amazon Subscribe & Save (or Pantry - hubby handles it). If somewhere else has a really good deal, we'll pick them up from there too and cancel Amazon when she gets close to moving up in sizes.
        Allison - professor; wife to a urology attending; mom to baby girl E (11/13), baby boy C (2/16), and a spoiled cat; knitter and hoarder of yarn; photographer

Comment

I've been living here too long... I'm
          interested in eco-friendly ones, but they cost a ton. It's a ton of waste, and if they're at least somewhat biodegradable, that makes me feel better. I can't do cloth--I can't keep up with the laundry, and dh hates dealing with them.

So I guess that leaves me with Bambo or Earth's Best...

Comment

Alison, check out these:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00..._product_title

(Nurtured by Nature diapers)

This is what we use for BabyJ
            Married to a newly minted Pediatric Rad, momma to a sweet girl and a bunch of (mostly) cute boy monsters.

Comment

Amazon warehouse deals. Bulk boxes. Lambie is still on size 1. We will graduate to size 2 soon. K2 is wearing 5t pull ups. Can't even find them in stores. Dude has got to use the potty.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 4
              Wife and #1 Fan of Attending Adult & Geriatric Psychiatrist.

Comment

Originally posted by MrsK View Post
                Amazon warehouse deals. Bulk boxes. Lambie is still on size 1. We will graduate to size 2 soon. K2 is wearing 5t pull ups. Can't even find them in stores. Dude has got to use the potty.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 4
                Thanks! So, what does "open box" mean? The diapers themselves are usually still wrapped in plastic, right? Or are they open, too?

Comment

We are getting ours from the hospital DH works at...they have some sort of supply room where residents can buy the diapers at an inexpensive bulk rate.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

^ I have heard of this. I need to check into thus

Comment

Originally posted by SoonerTexan View Post
                      ^ I have heard of this. I need to check into thus
                      I saw your diapers there, Marissa.
                      I tried a Bambo diaper overnight, and wasn't impressed. The Honest ones work better and are far cuter.

Comment

It's not Eco friendly, but we've only had success with Luvs for DD4. We cloth diapered out first 3.
                        Cranky Wife to a Peds EM in private practice. Mom to 5 girls - 1 in Heaven and 4 running around in princess shoes.

Comment

We use Seventh Generation diapers and wipes. I buy on Amazon or Diapers.com. As soon as Huggies or Pampers touches this kids butt, he gets a rash so they're worth it.
                          Student and Mom to an Oct 2013 boy
                          Wife to Anesthesia Critical Care attending

Comment

We use cloth most of the time, but otherwise we use Target brand. They are not eco-friendly, but they are cheap and work fine. I've tried others and they seem to be the best. Not as soft or cute, but they do the job.
                            Wife of Anesthesiology Resident

Comment

Working...
                            X