Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Let's talk childcare options

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Some place called west end children's center sounds pretty great.

Comment

Originally posted by JDAZ11 View Post
      Some place called west end children's center sounds pretty great.
      Oh, but it's not actually in the city.....

Comment

Let's talk childcare options

I actually just remembered that I have a friend that sends her baby to one just outside the city. she lives out there, but it only takes about 20 to get to her house from mine. I think you should only be about 10-15minutes away. I'll try to remember to ask for the name when I see her tomorrow.
        Last edited by JDAZ11; 11-12-2014, 03:48 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by JDAZ11 View Post
          I actually just remembered that I have a friend that sends her baby to one just outside the city. she lived out there, but it only takes about 20 to get to her house from mine. I think you should only be about 10-15minutes away. I'll try to remember to ask for the name when I see her tomorrow.
          Thanks - I'm definitely up for looking up north, some of those areas are actually "closer" than parts of the city because I can just pop across the bridge.
          Wife of PGY-4 (of 6), cat herder, and mom to a sassy-pants four-nager.

Comment

So, my state has a ratings program for centers that's a great place to start. I wonder if yours has something like that. I don't know where you live, but if you want to tell (or PM) me, I can look for it. You could also check greatschools.net - programs that go up to preschool age might make it there.

I agree that if you want to go with a daycare center, the short time frame is not an issue. People quit all the time. And without reviews, you really just have to visit and see what you think. I am happy with our center but not crazy in love with it, which I imagine is fairly normal. We only visited a few places, but none of them felt scary or anything. Maybe a bad one would? I honestly don't really know. I do like that licensed centers are regulated.

But a nanny share would really be a great option.
            Julia - legislative process lover and general government nerd, married to a PICU & Medical Ethics attending, raising a toddler son and expecting a baby daughter Oct '16.

Comment

Feeling much better today... Visited a day care that meets all the criteria for clean/safe/well staffed, and has openings when I need it. Not the most convenient but not bad either. I have one good option so far.
              Wife of PGY-4 (of 6), cat herder, and mom to a sassy-pants four-nager.

Comment

That's great!!

Comment

Good news!
                  Student and Mom to an Oct 2013 boy
                  Wife to Anesthesia Critical Care attending

Comment

Working...
                  X