Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Moving up again!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Moving up again!

I got the letter today that E is moving up again at daycare. She'll visit next week and fully move on the 15th. They do one nap a day on a cot. They don't have bottle time, just snacks/juice. I hate moving my sweet baby up.
    Allison - professor; wife to a urology attending; mom to baby girl E (11/13), baby boy C (2/16), and a spoiled cat; knitter and hoarder of yarn; photographer

Good luck! She'll be fine (and love her snacks)!

I think it's interesting that your daycare does so many transitions. We moved up once at 14 months (usually they do that transition in the 15-18 month range). And then if he were to stay at this place, which he probably won't, he wouldn't move again until age 3 for preschool.
    Julia - legislative process lover and general government nerd, married to a PICU & Medical Ethics attending, raising a toddler son and expecting a baby daughter Oct '16.

Comment

We're moving up again! I was totally surprised by this one - I thought we had at least another month or so! There's another girl in there who is about a month older, and she hasn't moved up, but maybe she's been visiting already and will move up too. Apparently E starts visiting the new class tomorrow and moves up officially next week. The schedule looks pretty much the same as far as meals and nap, it's just older kids, I guess, and I think they start trying to teach them more. I really love her current teachers, so I'm a little bit sad, but I do know 2 of the teachers in her new class and like them a lot, so I'm sure this will be fine. How is my baby getting so big??
      Allison - professor; wife to a urology attending; mom to baby girl E (11/13), baby boy C (2/16), and a spoiled cat; knitter and hoarder of yarn; photographer

Comment

Go E! They grow up way too fast.
        Student and Mom to an Oct 2013 boy
        Wife to Anesthesia Critical Care attending

Comment

Did she enjoy the visit to her new class?
          Tara
          Married 20 years to MD/PhD in year 3 of MFM fellowship. SAHM to five wonderful children (#6 due in August), a sweet GSD named Bella, a black lab named Toby, and 1 guinea pig.

Comment

Originally posted by Pollyanna View Post
            Did she enjoy the visit to her new class?
            She did! They have a table and chairs that the kids sit at, and they said she did really well with it.

Comment

Yay for happy transitions!!!
              Tara
              Married 20 years to MD/PhD in year 3 of MFM fellowship. SAHM to five wonderful children (#6 due in August), a sweet GSD named Bella, a black lab named Toby, and 1 guinea pig.

Comment

How fun! What a big girl!
                Laurie
                My team: DH (anesthesiologist), DS (9), DD (8)

Comment

Working...
                X