Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Tummy Time

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tummy Time

So J- (4mo) rolled over really early (and a lot) but recently all he does is scream during tummy time. We get a roll over every once in a blue moon and the screaming is heartbreaking 😪

Any ideas?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tummy time was hard for mine, too. We ended up just letting them do it on our chest. We'd lie in the floor or recline in the chair and put their belly on our chest. They'd pull their heads up to look at our faces.
    Laurie
    My team: DH (anesthesiologist), DS (9), DD (8)

Comment

That's a good idea. B- does it with him sometimes and he DOES seem to like it a little better than being on the floor, lol

Comment

Mine have always hated tummy time, too. The only time we really do it now is when DS accidentally rolls over or when he tries to reach something while he's sitting and ends up on his belly.

Comment

Haha! That's good to know too because we haven't exactly been doing it as often as suggested, lol

Comment

Yup. all suggestions above great. E hated tummy time and really refused to crawl until we bribed him. Either a toy he really wanted that could only be played with easily on the tummy or the dang cat. He would do anything to get to the cat. Actually what really worked was the play area at the library or a park. He was so busy watching all the other kids that he would stay on his tummy a lot longer than anywhere else.
            -L.Jane

Wife to a wonderful General Surgeon
            Mom to a sweet but stubborn boy born April 2014
            Rock Chalk Jayhawk GO KU!!!

Comment

J- doesn't show much interest in his toys yet. He does like his teething elephant though, now that he's got the coordination to get it in his mouth. It squeaks and that helps for a bit but by the end of the 10 minute stretch we have him do he is one unhappy camper.
              The aftermath, lol Usually he's a pretty happy guy ☺️

Comment

My E mostly hated tummy time too until she learned to crawl around 6-7 months. I'd try to make her do some, but I didn't tolerate the screaming much. Doing it on your stomach is a good idea though - helped. She did OK propped up on the boppy sometimes too.
                Allison - professor; wife to a urology attending; mom to baby girl E (11/13), baby boy C (2/16), and a spoiled cat; knitter and hoarder of yarn; photographer

Comment

Oh, I tried the Boppy once, I should do it again, he liked that! Haha, mommy brain, lol

Comment

What a cutie pie! I spy a dimple 😊

There is no love for tummy time here either. We kinda force her to do one 10 minute stretch per day, and she is pissed/upset by the end of it. We are hoping that she might just get mad enough and flip herself over lol. We sit her up a lot and she has good head control for a 3 month old. I've also noticed that when we put her lounging in the Boppy she tries to sit upright (using her core to pull up her head and torso). It's amazing how they go at their own particular pace and suddenly do things they weren't doing the day before.

Event coordinator, wife and therapist to a peds attending

Comment

I never ended up doing tummy time on the floor. Always on our chest or on the bed. Not because we didn't want her on the floor it just never really happened

wife to PGY1 GS and two little girls, and 1 annoying dog

Comment

Working...
                      X