Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Traveling without baby

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Traveling without baby

I mentioned last week that I had been invited to be a reviewer on an NIH panel, and after talking to hubby and my mom, I accepted the invitation. I'll fly up there on a Sunday afternoon, spend the night, be in the meeting from 8-5, and catch an 8pm flight to be home by 9:45ish. My mom's going to spend Sunday night at the house because hubby has to get up and leave too early to drop E off at school on Monday, plus he may not be home in time to pick her up. He'll be making the schedule starting next month though, so he can at least make sure he's not on call, so once he's home he's home, and my mom can go home before it gets too late. I'm a little sad about leaving her for the first time, even though it's just for a night! One of my good friend/colleagues is also going to be on the panel, so at least I have somebody to hang out with while I'm there.
    Allison - professor; wife to a urology attending; mom to baby girl E (11/13), baby boy C (2/16), and a spoiled cat; knitter and hoarder of yarn; photographer

I remember the first night away from DS1. We did something similar w/ my mom coming up to help out while DH was at work. I'm sure you'll miss E, but everything will be fine! Enjoy your trip!

Comment

Once you have flown with a toddler, flying without a toddler is GLORIOUS. And one night away is a good way to ease into it. Have a great time! Yay for helpful moms!

(I got invited to a work conference in August - just as an attendee - and I basically told DH I was going, so he'd better find a way to make that work. Ha. It will almost certainly involve my MIL.)
      Julia - legislative process lover and general government nerd, married to a PICU & Medical Ethics attending, raising a toddler son and expecting a baby daughter Oct '16.

Comment

I have to admit, after my last 7 (I think) air trips traveling with E (plus one more before then), I am so looking forward to not having to deal with carrying and chasing her around the airport, having my liquids checked, trying to keep her in my lap, dealing with transportation and a car seat, etc.

I'm going to DC again in a couple of weeks and bringing her and my mom with me, and she's too small to ride in the Uber car seat, and we're traveling a bit too far for me to want to take the Metro (DCA to Rockville), so we're lugging the car seat up there again. We did get the travel bag that has wheels and can be worn as a backpack though, so that helps out a lot.
        Allison - professor; wife to a urology attending; mom to baby girl E (11/13), baby boy C (2/16), and a spoiled cat; knitter and hoarder of yarn; photographer

Comment

I wish I had done a day or two without M before taking this job where I'm not with her for a whole month.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
          wife to PGY1 GS and two little girls, and 1 annoying dog

Comment

It was really weird being away for just a day, although I did enjoy being on my own for a bit. I don't think she cared at all. It was nice not having to bring extra stuff and keep her entertained in the airport and on the flight, especially since both of my flights were delayed, and on the way home we sat on the tarmac for almost an hour. I did opt out of the scanners though, which bought me some fun pat downs, and it wouldn't have been an issue if I had been traveling with her. I'm so happy to be home though!

Comment

Yay!!! I get photos and videos of her everyday!! From when she wakes up to when she goes to bed. So it's nice. I get to FaceTime with her as well but she just doesn't seem interested in me when I do call

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
              wife to PGY1 GS and two little girls, and 1 annoying dog

Comment

Glad you had a good safe trip. I love my girls, but sometimes it's nice not to have a diaper bag!

Wife of a PGY-6
                Loving wife of neurosurgeon

Comment

Working...
                X