Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Transition to Crib

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well I do understand not wanting to complain if he is doing the nighttime wake ups. My DH is much better at waking up than I am. I'm a deep sleeper. But I think the no conversations in bed until the baby is in his own room sounds like a decent compromise.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

We discussed it last night. He said it's not that he's returning pages in the room, it's that people call his cell phone, and he answers that. I'm like well, please don't answer your phone in the room while C is sleeping in there. So...we'll see. C slept until about 4:30 in the crib with no problem, so we're definitely making progress.
      Allison - professor; wife to a urology attending; mom to baby girl E (11/13), baby boy C (2/16), and a spoiled cat; knitter and hoarder of yarn; photographer

Comment

DH used to answer calls to his cell when DS2 was sleeping in our room, too. It would drive me nuts.

Comment

Tonight he was super sleepy, so we gave him his bottle around 6:30 and put him straight down into the crib, and he fell asleep almost immediately!
          Allison - professor; wife to a urology attending; mom to baby girl E (11/13), baby boy C (2/16), and a spoiled cat; knitter and hoarder of yarn; photographer

Comment

Yeah! Hopefully he keeps it up.

Wife of Anesthesiology Resident

Comment

He woke up around 11:30, so hubby gave him a small bottle and tried to put him in the swing afterward. He wouldn't go back to sleep, and he just screamed when we held him. We almost made another small bottle, but I decided to see what he'd do if I laid him back down in the crib, and he fell right back asleep until about 5 this morning. So, I may need to take over night wakings if hubby is just going to give him a bottle every time he wakes up, even if he doesn't need it. I need to make sure he's putting the paci back in first before picking him up or doing anything else, because usually that's enough to calm him down.

Comment

Just thought I'd update - he's been doing so well! We've dropped his late nap and have been giving him his last bottle between 6:30 and 7 and then putting him down afterward, and for the most part he's going right to sleep and staying asleep until 4-5am, at which point we give him a bottle and put him in the swing until he wakes up for the day around 6-7am. Hopefully soon we'll work on putting him in his crib in his room!

Comment

I figured I'd go back to posting our sleep issues in here...

Last weekend I felt like we had a breakthrough, and after a rough Saturday, he seemed to get it and was sleeping in the crib really well. Tonight he went down easily, but woke up around 9:30 and screamed for about 45 minutes before I gave up and set him down in the swing, where he instantly fell asleep. I tried everything during the 45 mins... Holding him, laying down with him, pacifier, blanket, clean diaper, putting him down. Nothing helped, he just screamed and screamed. He does have a cold, so I'm hoping that's just throwing him off, but it's just so frustrating. I need to be able to get him to sleep without this stupid swing when we travel in 2 months. I'm about to transfer him back to the crib, now that he's at least asleep.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Comment

So after talking to his pedi, we slowly decrease the amount in his night time bottle from 6oz in an attempt to wean him from that and get him sleeping longer. We made it down to about 2oz, and it hasn't been going well since then. He takes that and goes back to sleep around 2 to 4, but he wakes up about an hour later, hungry again. I've been doing the first, and hubby usually does the second. And then he's up for the day around 630. I've been doing my best to get him to eat more for dinner, but it's not helping that much. Hubby wants to go back to increasing the bottles, but I really want to get him sleeping longer.

Comment

Oh, he's exclusively sleeping in his crib, at least, except for maybe the last hour in the mornings, so we have made definite progress. Just missing that last bit of sleep.

Comment

That's great!!!

Comment

I did 3oz in his bottle last night - he slept until about 4, woke up and took his 4oz, and then went back to sleep until 6:30. I'll keep him at 3oz for at least a few days to see how he does before I start decreasing it again. E slept in her bed until about 6:15. It was wonderful!

Comment

Just thought I'd update - we've fully weaned him from the bottles of milk at night. Occasionally we'll give him an ounce of water. He's sort of hit or miss. Occasionally he'll wake up early, but usually he'll sleep until about 5-6, and we'll either give him some water and put him back in his crib, or we'll put him in the swing for about an hour. On weekends sometimes he'll come into bed with us instead of the swing for that last hour, but since we're usually up getting ready for work, we try to get him to sleep some more. Not 100% there yet, but so much better overall!

Comment

Working...
                            X