Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Mojo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not at all [MENTION=1768]scrub-jay[/MENTION] I guess I was just "defending" myself without realizing I didn't have to.

She is definitely being herself and hope it's done. We said it might happen when she gets older and grows but won't know till that happens. I'm hoping it doesn't.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    wife to PGY1 GS and two little girls, and 1 annoying dog

Comment

As I mentioned, I am glad I had it done. I lived in a humid climate, had no allergies yet still got them. So glad you had her go through with this earlier in life. Gushing blood down your favorite shirt when you are in third grade was waaay more traumatic.
      Finally - we are finished with training! Hello real world!!

Comment

[MENTION=980]medpedspouse[/MENTION] oh no..... Thank you for that perspective. It didn't think about it that way only cause I had hoped it wouldn't have resolved on it own by then but yes I'm so glad we went through it. Now to wait for the bill 🙈

Comment

Originally posted by Howfunitis View Post
          She is doing pretty well! Back to her sassy self and reasoning. Her nose is swollen and a little pink bruising but hasn't complained one bit about it. [MENTION=1498]MrsK[/MENTION]
          We decided after she turned 2 (she had been getting them since she was 7 months old) and every time she got it, it seemed to be too much blood for just a regular nose bleed. We thought seasonal changes, allergies, picking her nose (even though i wouldn't ever see her do it) and as she got older, they became less frequent until a month before her 2nd Birthday. She was drowning in her nose bleed ( her crying caused it) so took her the pediatrician and scheduled an ENT appt. she got one on her birthday and the we were on a waiting list cause we were on state insurance but she stopped getting them for 3 months and thought we were all clear. We moved and she started getting the again. She would be sleeping and get them. At this point I've had tried everything. Vapors, humidifiers, cool mist, even to the point that I would try for her to not even start crying cause it would start. Finally took her the pediatrician out here and told her I was done. Scheduled another ENT and he gave us an ointment for her nose and that it should be used for 2 months and it should clear. Well it didn't. So needless to say, we scheduled her surgery and even then she got a bloody nose three consecutive days leading up to it. During our consultation once she was done, he confirmed she needed it down.
          Deep down, you just know if it's something more than an occasional nosebleed due to nose picking or seasonal allergies but for us, she'd be sleeping and a nose bleed would start, (I think I even shared a very disturbing photo here)
          Once the ENT confirmed that her vessels were pretty big for her age and after using the ointment, we decided it was time to do it.

See, Lambie wakes with nosebleeds also. In don't think she has them as frequently as your daughter but definitely far more than my other children do. And hers seem to begin spontaneously too and in all seasons. She'll wake in the morning and her bed looks like a crime scene. Every time I've mentioned it to the pediatrician, he's poo pood it. He just says that small vessels are easily broken/once broken nosebleeds may reoccur because vessels not healed. I've been wondering whether I should insist on further investigation.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
          Last edited by MrsK; 06-19-2017, 10:01 PM.
          Wife and #1 Fan of Attending Adult & Geriatric Psychiatrist.

Comment

Originally posted by Howfunitis View Post
            Sorry for such a long response lol
            I've just gotten a lot of "talk" from other who found out about it and I feel like I have to justify it. It's not like I want to put my baby under just because by anyways, thank you everyone.
            She really is herself besides just a wide nose for now

No need to defend yourself to me. Having a kid on ADHD meds, I definitely understand why you'd feel vunerable. Everyone is an expert, right?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
            Wife and #1 Fan of Attending Adult & Geriatric Psychiatrist.

Comment

[MENTION=1498]MrsK[/MENTION] yes. I also got the stare and side marks of being that "mom" who takes photos of her nosebleeds. I sometimes feel like Hubby thinks I exaggerate everything and yes, my child is bleeding but I need to take this photo or video to show her Dr.
              Once we moved here and got them weekly, i asked for a referral. Wouldn't take no for an answer because I wanted to get it looked at. Definitely ask your Dr for one

We have her follow up appt tomorrow and she got a nosebleed yesterday. It was anything near what she usually gets but hoping it was a fluke!

Comment

Her follow up was today and she got a nosebleed last night. For some reason the Dr didn't seem surprised. Said if she kept getting them to call the office. Her vessels just might be that big but i know her nose is starting to bother her more and more as of late.

Comment

Working...
                X