Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

potty training help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That’s genius! I asked her today why she doesn’t want to poop in the potty, and she sort of trailed off about it being better to poop in her panties. So I’m not sure if it’s some kind of worry she’s got or if she could be - like you mentioned - bored with pooping.

I miss you guys, too. I’ve got spurts of being busy with planning some remodeling. And the kids and their activities keep me busy, too. And dh works a ton, so I have a lot to do at home. I have a hard time keeping up with everyone here!
    married to an anesthesia attending

Comment

So if you let your kid wear a diaper or pull up for their nap... and then they waited to poop, did you rush in to change them?

I’ve been having sleep issues with mine since the hospital stay, and one has been a total BRAT. so I just started potty training yesterday, because I felt there wasn’t much to lose with him behavior wise. But I’m not like super committed - and I don’t want to change sheets all the time, so diapers in bed.

I ignored them saying they had to go potty once in their cribs for nap, because if I hadn’t it would have been BS and then they wouldn’t get back in their crib.

So now one is telling that he has poop... I’m honestly just going to ignore him I think.

Am I going about this al wrong?

(Sorry for the hijack - I was too lazy to start a new thread... and I’m not even sure I’ll keep potty training the difficult child. It’s pretty annoying...).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I always put a diaper on for sleeping until they would reliably wake up dry. I didn't want to clean up messes lol the time and figure they can't really control it when they're sleeping.

Wife of Anesthesiology Resident

Comment

We used pull ups for sleeping/nap and I didn’t let them out to use a potty until they were very solidly trained at other times. They just don’t even know when they have to go otherwise. I only freaked out about the nap “accidents” when they very obviously intentional.

Married to a Urology Attending! (that is an understated exclamation point)
          Mama to C (Jan 2012), D (Nov 2013), and R (April 2016). Consulting and homeschooling are my day jobs.

Comment

He had like the tiniest little poop. It was his sleeping brother that had a giant - perhaps it would be hard to sleep with that - kind of poop. So I hit him up, changed him... and of course there was no going back to bed 🙄 and so no workout.. 🤬

Comment

Originally posted by JDAZ11 View Post
              He had like the tiniest little poop. It was his sleeping brother that had a giant - perhaps it would be hard to sleep with that - kind of poop. So I hit him up, changed him... and of course there was no going back to bed 🙄 and so no workout.. 🤬

Unless my kid had sensitive skin, I’d totally leave them in the poopy diaper during naps. My kids usually pooped after they woke up from naps. So it wasn’t usually an issue. I swear they would stay quiet so they’d have time to poop.

As far as pooping in underwear have you tried going back to pull ups? I usually reverted back to pull ups if they wouldn’t pee in them. I couldn’t handle the daily poopy underwear. What killed me is when they’d then pee in the pull up so I’d have to go back to underwear to encourage progress. My girls were both unphased by “the mess” or talk that only babies pooped their pants.

Unfortunately with both my girls bribery didn’t work until THEY were totally ready. My second was recently bribed by telling her that Santa only brings iPads for big girls. And big girls poop on the potty. She got a amazon kindle for Christmas from Santa!

Loving wife of neurosurgeon

Comment

We are doing pull-ups now, because dd won’t pee in them. They look completely different from the ones she wears at night, so she doesn’t think she can just pee in them. It has been working out well, except that feeling that she’s potty trained, but I’m still paying for friggin diapers...
                married to an anesthesia attending

Comment

Originally posted by alison View Post
                  We are doing pull-ups now, because dd won’t pee in them. They look completely different from the ones she wears at night, so she doesn’t think she can just pee in them. It has been working out well, except that feeling that she’s potty trained, but I’m still paying for friggin diapers...
                  One of mine (the difficult one) weirdly did great today in pull ups. He loves them and only went through two (we were doing the three day potty training thing and this was day four, so maybe that’s why there was success, but he just did not want to mess up the lightening McQueen pull up for some reason). Huge down side that I explained to DH about an hour ago... I think pull ups might even be more expensive than diapers.... but one of my huge incentives was space in the trash can, and if he only uses two a day, I’ll feel less badly about destroying the planet 500 diapers a week at a time 🤭 (it probably wasn’t that many, but it felt close!).

Comment

Working...
                  X