Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Maxi Cosi infant car seats

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Maxi Cosi infant car seats

Any experience with them? My infant seat expires next year and the base got damaged somehow so I think it's safer to get a new one. However, it and the matching stroller are Peg Perego and only Peg, Maxi Cosi, Cybex and Nuna car seats work with it. It looks like I can get a Maxi Cosi seat for a reasonable price and my kids stay in the infant seat for 6 months max. Aagh, so mad that the base got damaged, I was hoping it would last through 3 kids. The replacement base is almost the same price as a new Maxi Cosi seat

I was tempted to get the new Peg Perego seat because it has a load leg, which is supposed to be much safer in an accident but it's so expensive!

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by MrsC; 08-31-2018, 11:25 AM.
    Student and Mom to an Oct 2013 boy
    Wife to Anesthesia Critical Care attending

No advice but that is so frustrating! We had to buy a new infant seat for #3. Ours had expired. It seemed like a bit of a waste since we only use them for a short time but it was worth it. I was hoping I could get something out of it by selling it but no one was interested and I just donated it to a women’s shelter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Wife of Anesthesiology Resident

Comment

So frustrating! And they stopped making the bases for the model I have.
      But, I just found a new Peg Perego seat for $90 off because they're discontinuing that fabric color, which is a nice burgundy and black. So happy! Now I don't have to use adapters and the seat is lighter with a higher weight limit than the old one. Which means I can keep C in his convertible for longer.

Comment

We had the Maxi Cosi Mico and I hated it! The adapters for the stroller were a nightmare and it was so difficult to fit the seat onto them, because you had to place the seat just so or put the adapters on the seat first and then onto the stroller (not always easy when the baby gets heavier).

My nieces in Germany have a Maxi Cosi booster with a back on it and a Maxi Cosi convertible, and both suck. They have such a wide profile and the buckle are like puzzles with zigzag-looking pieces that need to fit together just so. PITA.
        married to an anesthesia attending

Comment

But it looks like you’ve made a decision!

Comment

Ugh, so glad I didn't get one!! Maybe that's why so many were on sale.

Comment

Yes, probably!
              I know that for a car seat, they’re pretty sexy looking, so maybe that’s the appeal? We got rid of our Mico when dd2 was born, and switched to Chicco. I really like Chicco. We’ve gotten the infant seat, convertible, and now have a couple of their boosters (both backless and not).

Comment

Working...
              X