Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Here's a new one--the baby is sleeping too much!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Here's a new one--the baby is sleeping too much!

I never thought I would say this, but the 1 year old is sleeping so much it is starting to worry us.

Background--until we moved 2 weeks ago, he slept in our room in a pack n play. He would wake up a ton and not nap very well and often fought bedtime. As soon as we got him in his own room with a real crib, it is like a switch flipped. He LOVES sleeping now. I'll put him down at 7 and I go wake up him at 9 the next morning. Then he will take 1-2 naps and sleeps at least 2 hours. Often we are having to go wake him up. He wasn't up for more than 8 hours total today. I don't think he is completely asleep a lot of the time. He appears to just hang out and loll around, which he NEVER did in the past.

I mean, it is heaven, but DH and I are a little worried at the sudden desire to sleep like a teenager. He definitely is having a growth spurt/eating a ton and is on the cusp of walking. No signs of illness at all. I cant remember any of our kids doing this!
    Married to a newly minted Pediatric Rad, momma to a sweet girl and a bunch of (mostly) cute boy monsters.

Of course I hope he's totally fine, but enjoy it!! After almost 2 years of horrible night sleep and crappy naps, G is sleeping until about 7p-7a, often with a 3 hour nap.

The 7p-7a is loose. Like yours, he'll often roll around and chatter once he's in bed, and in the morning I don't always realize he's up so he's just hanging for a bit. I'd estimate he gets about 11 hours at night and 2.5-3 during the day.

I am enjoy the F out of it. Finally some sleep!!!

Sent from my moto g(7) using Tapatalk

Comment

I almost wrote this post a few times about our youngest. She's been in her own room for a month and sleeps so much. She'll go down at 7, sleep til 7or 8am, then take two naps totalling 3 to 4 hours. Our boys never did this and it unnerves me haha! She's totally happy and very active when she's awake. She's a total monster actually, gets into everything.
      She does have a faint heart murmur which we're getting checked out next month but she's never had any symptoms from it. Hubby can't even hear it but the Pedi swears it's there.
      She has been teething non-stop since she turned one and I noticed that when her teeth are bothering her, like when molars were coming in, all she wanted to do was sleep.
      It's so unnerving though. As wonderful as the lack of sleep deprivation is, I often wonder if there's such a thing as too much sleep. Enjoy the rest though!!

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
      Student and Mom to an Oct 2013 boy
      Wife to Anesthesia Critical Care attending

Comment

We’ve had a kiddo do this. I don’t remember the specifics but I remember the concern, the looking for reasons, deciding there was nothing to address so we’d just enjoy it, and then that silly kiddo went back to the same nonsleeper they had been the week before. 🤪 But of course, it never hurts to address with the pediatrician if he continues to act outside of his norm.

Maybe he just feels at home in TN! ❤️❤️❤️
        Tara
        Married 20 years to MD/PhD in year 3 of MFM fellowship. SAHM to five wonderful children (#6 due in August), a sweet GSD named Bella, a black lab named Toby, and 1 guinea pig.

Comment

Working...
        X