Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

first overnight field trip

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• first overnight field trip

Garrison is going on his first overnight field trip tonight. I'm happy for him, but still...it's going to be a long night for me. I just dropped him off at school with all of his camping gear. He was up and dressed and eating breakfast before the rest of us when I came downstairs this morning b/c he was so excited.

Of course, his big day was marred because today was also Dads and Donuts and Robert couldn't go with him. That bit of irritating info gets a whole line of ->

Re: first overnight field trip

I agree - the whole "dad and ..." thing bugs me. they don't seem to do "mom and ..." That's why I'm probably going to to Campfire Kids (thanks Sandy!)

Comment

You're welcome, Jenn - I hope you get a good group and your kids like it!

Heidi - how exciting for him! Your mixed feelings make me wonder how my parents felt - I spent at least a week away at camp every summer starting when I was 6 or 7. I *loved* it. I'm sure he'll have a great time. And Robert gets a from me, too. Stupid fellowship schedule.
      Sandy
      Wife of EM Attending, Web Programmer, mom to one older lady scaredy-cat and one sweet-but-dumb younger boy kitty

Comment

He's only going about 5 miles away to the upper school campus. They're camping on the grounds/athletic fields. I am so anxious for 3:00 tomorrow to get here!

Comment

Originally posted by Pollyanna

We did "Dads and donuts" followed by "moms and muffins" one year. But then people become obnoxiously PC about the whole thing and over thinking EVERYTHING. To the point of when "friends and food" was considered there was an entire discussion of what kind of friends, blah, blah, blah... Needless to say, we don't do anything like that anymore.

WE have "dads and donuts" at preschool in 2 weeks. Guess who dad is going to be? The preK director said that lots of moms go in place of dads, so...

Then there's muffins and moms later in the year too...

So far I haven't heard any PC rumblings!
          Peggy

Aloha from paradise! And the other side of training!

Comment

Originally posted by Pollyanna
            We did "Dads and donuts" followed by "moms and muffins" one year. But then people become obnoxiously PC about the whole thing and over thinking EVERYTHING. To the point of when "friends and food" was considered there was an entire discussion of what kind of friends, blah, blah, blah... Needless to say, we don't do anything like that anymore.
            I don't really mind a "dad and ..." kind of day -- it's just that there is never a "Mom and ..." day to even it out. Some kids don't have Dads, or don't have dads that can be around. If they have an alternate function where they don't end up feeling so lonely, then I don't mind it.

Comment

Working...
            X