Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Kids Say - Part 7,297

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kids Say - Part 7,297

Quinn and Jacob both do a mean imitation of Chewbacca. They were both demonstrating in the van tonight, and FIL tried to do it too. Jacob said "No Dada (Grandpa), you just have to shake your uvula!"

Re: Kids Say - Part 7,297

Maybe a future ENT

Comment

This one is actually kind of sad.

My FIL is AWOL in our kids' lives. He's seen DD for one day and then a family reunion (four day) where we had to go across country. He's seen DS that one time for the family reunion when he was only 9 months. That's it. The kids are old enough to ask about him once in a while. They want to know WHY he's not like their other Grandparents who visit and call. :huh:

FIL calls last night??? It's one of his ten calls a year.

DS gets on the phone...

DS: Who is this?

FIL: Grandad, your dad's dad.

DS: Dad has a DAD? Have I ever seen you?

FIL: Yes, you were just a baby.

DS: Why don't you visit like Grammy and Pop (my parents)?

FIL: Well I still work. I'm kind of busy.

DS: Grammy and Pop are busy too and they visit. It's fun. You should try it.

FIL: (Silence)

DH takes phone. FIL says he wonders when he'll get an invitation since his grandkids really want to see him.

DH basically says that's , stop trying to play grandparent of the year. "You don't visit because being a grandfather isn't a priority Dad. Let's just call it what it is."

There were a few more vague statements and the conversation ended.

I'm not sure what's worse, our kids knowing that their Dad's dad doesn't want to visit and could care less about a relationship, OR this man actually DOES visit someday, and his selfish behavior is up close and personal. :huh: :huh:

Ug.
      Flynn

Wife to post training CT surgeon; mother of three kids ages 17, 15, and 11.

“It is our choices, Harry, that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities.” —Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets " Albus Dumbledore

Comment

Originally posted by Jane
        Quinn and Jacob both do a mean imitation of Chewbacca. They were both demonstrating in the van tonight, and FIL tried to do it too. Jacob said "No Dada (Grandpa), you just have to shake your uvula!"

Flynn

Wife to post training CT surgeon; mother of three kids ages 17, 15, and 11.

“It is our choices, Harry, that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities.” —Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets " Albus Dumbledore

Comment

Flynn- that's a pretty good amount of communication between two men. Good for your DH!

Jen- last year on our first road trip to Cleveland to visit schools (11 hour drive) DS said, "We've been on the road for hours now and no blood clots in my legs yet." ...only a doctor's kid...

Comment

How funny, Jane.

Flynn, your son seems wise beyond his years!

I was laughing at my DD#2 the other day. I gave her a dollar bill and she gave it back and said she wanted money with a girl's picture on it.
            Needs

Comment

I was laughing at my DD#2 the other day. I gave her a dollar bill and she gave it back and said she wanted money with a girl's picture on it.
              Now that's wise beyond her years!!
              Charlene~Married to an attending Ophtho Mudphud and Mom to 2 daughters

Comment

Originally posted by Phoebe
                How funny, Jane.

Flynn, your son seems wise beyond his years!

I like that girl!

Comment

Anna has just been cracking me up lately between what she is saying and doing, like the recent pantless escape.

A few days ago I asked her to pick something up for me. She said, "Mommy, I don't have three arms. And if I did, I wouldn't have a belly button." She sort of made a motion like she had an arm coming out of her belly. I guess she thought that if she did have three arms, that is where the third arm would go.

Yesterday she told me she wanted to be a nurse. We've been talking about Halloween so I asked if she meant for Halloween or when she grows up. She said, "When I grow up. I don't want to be a doctor anymore." I told her she had plenty of time to decide and asked why she changed her mind. "Because doctors study alllllllll the tiiiiiiiiiiiiiime. I want to be a nurse in college."

Comment

Working...
                  X